refund on cancellation

Answered!
Paul2043
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

refund on cancellation

I received a booking for 39 days on the weekend (3 days ago) for a booking this Saturday (4 days away) and received a message stating that she had looked in google maps and decided that the Street looked terrible and wants to cancel with full refund! This is my first booking with air b&B and I live in my home so all very dis-appointing, I have explained that googlemaps are out of date and the photo's on my profile are real!! What should i do about a refund? Is it unreasonable for me to keep part of the payment if not all? From where I see it if I booked a villa for a month and cancelled 4 days before I would not get a refund but I know this is a different community. Any advice would be appreciated. I Would like to point out that I have given her 25% off the booking also due to it being a short let so she's getting the place for a bargain given it's location!!

many Thanks

1 Best Answer
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Lord knows where they live if they think a prime Camden street looks 'terrible'. Go back and tell them to cancel via the platform. And refund due will be given, nothing more. Stick to your guns, @Paul2043.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Denis-Mark0
Level 10
Lahnstein, Germany

Hi @Paul2043 

we had the same discussion yesterday about a guest asking for refund because leaving earlier than previsted. In your case it's even easier because she can't leave you a review.

The booking was done through AirBnb, so the cancellation policies applies. It's not your responsibilty if guests change their plans.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/How-would-you-respond/m-p/1157354#M248309

I wouldn't do anything, just let her cancel. Done.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Lord knows where they live if they think a prime Camden street looks 'terrible'. Go back and tell them to cancel via the platform. And refund due will be given, nothing more. Stick to your guns, @Paul2043.

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Paul2043 

To be fair Paul, I always feel this way when I'm stuck in economy when I want to be in first class!

Give her what she's due, which I hope is very little, now Hosts are supposed to be responsible for what the street looks like.