refund

Answered!

refund

Good day

Ben Botes made booking for 2 rooms from 18 April 2019 to 21/04/19 and cancelled the booking. Payment was already debited from her their account. Please refund her on immediate effect. I received emails from the lawyers. I had conversation early hours today with Daisy regarding this matter.

Kind regards

Zanele Cibane

Duty Manager

1 Best Answer

4 Replies 4

Jayesh5
Level 6
Hervey Bay, Australia

@Lindie0 

You must ask the guest to cancel the reservation themselves as you cannot cancel for them.  If you get an automated message saying the guest requests to cancel, do NOT accept as this is counted as a host generated cancellation and you may have penalties.  When they successfully cancel you will just receive a notification that they have done so.

If the guests are having difficulty you can pass along a contact number or phone Airbnb yourself and ask them to reach out to the guest.  Do not refund them any money as it must go through the system.  They will be refunded in accordance with your cancellation policy.

contact airbnb a community help guide

You have not reached customer support here, just a forum where users can help each other out.  Hopefully the support centre can help the guest to cancel,  Lisa

Yvonne567
Level 1
Bull Bay, Jamaica

But what if they stayed one night?

Nelson241
Level 1
San Luis Potosi, Mexico

I had a family for 10 nights. I had a problem with water and plumbing. The first problema was solved but at night 1130pm the drainage failed and in the first floor the water came out of the swower( no sewage). Next day the problema was solved. The guest said that the air conditioner smelled bad (a/c were cleaned 3 months ago) but under the past circunstances I decided to clean it again so the guests is trying to get a refund of 3 days. What do you suggest ?