reservation change and payment method change

Lori272
Level 1
Massachusetts, United States

reservation change and payment method change

I have a current guest who has decided to extend his stay and I accepted his reservation change for the later check-out date. I have not received any payment or notice of receiving the payments for the extended stay from Airbnb. The guest has requested that he pay with a different card. I know he has to contact Airbnb to change his payment method, but I think I should have received some notice from Airbnb on the billing for the extended stay which begins on Nov.11 - Dec 11.

thanks for any experience with this issue.

It frustrates me that it is soo hard to get direct to Airbnb on issues like this.

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Lori272 ,

If the reservation change is confirmed, the payout should be found in your Transaction History. Also the change should reflect the new amount. As this seems to be a "long term stay", payments are processed in installments. But all of them should be in your transaction History (future transactions). PLease not if guest does not pay the installment on expiration date, Airbnb can not force the guest to pay. So you should also check with the guest if his payment methods are set OK now.

Hope this helps,

Emiel

Hi Lori, I totally understand now what you are going through as this week for the first time I have had payout issues and every time I reach out I get another person to attend my case. 

I personally am a pusher so I continue to sent messages, and suggest you do also. Patience, trust and persistance. And I am sure it will get solved as well. As Emiel mentions it may be that you will get a split payout. I got that with a long term stay as well. 

Hope yours get solved before the guest arrives. 

Henna

Superhost Aruba 🙂

Eduardo554
Level 1
Tierras Morenas, Costa Rica

I am trying to change my paypal account for payouts, how do I do this? I want to change my default account to a new one.