reservation

reservation

I accepted a reservation but feel uncomfortable. Area code of profile phone is Atlanta but lives in Seattle.

4 Replies 4

@Ian-And-Aley0 

It is not unusual for people to have phone numbers that do not match their physical location. I still have my phone number from Alabama where I moved from 7 years ago.

Your own profile would cause some hosts concern. It might help you get more bookings if you complete the profile section by increasing the verifications (government ID, etc.) and writing a couple paragraphs about you- your likes, interests, job, etc. so that hosts and guests can get to know you and feel more more comfortable.

Ann489
Level 10
Boise, ID

@Ian-And-Aley0   If you are uncomfortable, you can always message the guest and ask about it.   I do not neccessarily see it as a red flag, since my cell phone has an LA number and I live in Boise.  I do, however, require guests to have a government-issued ID uploaded and will tell them that I check ID before handing over the keys to our guesthouse.   If the guest has no problem with that, I usually don't ask for the ID upon arrival-especially, if I can identify the guest from the profile picture.   If a guest refuses to upload/show ID, that would be a red flag for me.

Charles380
Level 3
Vancouver, CA

Hi Ian and Aley,

Not sure if this has been resolved yet, but we would be happy to offer our two-cents. 

Does the guest have verified ID and positive prior reviews? When we accept reservations, we make sure to vet the guests properly first. This includes, but not limited to, verified government ID, positive guest reviews, and itinerary on their stay. Often we will go another step by reaching out to the guest to collect more information, as we want to make sure only the best guests are staying at our client's homes.

If you want to chat further about effective guest vetting, feel free to give us a shout. We are always happy to help fellow hosts!

Best wishes,

Charles at HostGenius Short-let Management Seattle

LaToya16
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

I had one of these. She booked at midnight and wanted to check in the next day for one day. I asked ABB to cancel it because one it was an ATL number but said she lived in another state. It was two adults and supposedly an infant. They only had the account for one month.