reviews

reviews

Can someone kindly explain how reviews work?

I'm new to this and i have just had my first guest leave and she was very happy with the experience. How can she leave a review? Alternatively i'd like to also leave a review for her and her family.

thanks

tony

10 Replies 10
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

It looks like you might be missing a lot of important information that hosts should read before getting started. Here's the info on how reviews work. It's definitley worth taking some time to explore the Help area for Hosting information.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/13/how-do-reviews-work

Thanks Ed and Hugh

I had read all that before but it is not very useful in finding out how I can review a guest and how a guest can review me! 

Ive been trying to do it for the past 2 hours but cannot find a way, I'd like to review my guest for having left the house in a very tidy manner and their politeness and in return i would like to be reviewed.

There seems to be no easy manner to do this - do i go into my guests profile page?

thanks

tony

When a guest is available for review (usually a day or two after they check out), you will see a notice in your Dashboard. Simply click on the link to enter your review.

Hi @Tony18,

Please take the time to visit the links that @Ed-and-Hugh0 and I provided above.  You will find everything you need there.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

I am having the same problem. I am on my third day after my guest left and it has not popped up in my notifications. Is this common that is will not allow you to review your guest within 24-48 hours? I am afraid I will forget to give a glowing review between the rental, my child and other job and don't want to be checking every hour. I have looked everywhere for a timeline of when to expect the notification. Thanks for anyones feedback. 🙂

I'm also waiting to give my guest a review.. he checked out two days ago. But still no notification from airbnb on email or my dashboard to leave a review.

I am also having difficulty with reviews. I was a guest before I became a host. When I go to the review screen, it only shows the reviews by and for me AS A GUEST. But my hosting started last week, and I have yet to receive an email telling me I can review my guest who left more than 3 days ago.

Hi Tony

It is a very valid point you make as reviewing can be overlooked by inexperienced guest!

Notifcations to leave a review as a host or guest should have a couple of ways to allow it to happen. I am fine as I know how to negotiate the site. Though at times it is a run around.

I am a new host and reviews are of utmost importance to me. I have had a guest couple stay for a week, and departed over a week ago. They are newish to airbnb (with one previous review).

They have emailed me directly to leave their glowing review!!!!

I have been searching for a way to get in touch with airbnb to have this posted as a proper review, which potential guests can see. 

As this is my only income, it is very importance to me.

Regards 

Todd

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Tony18,

You can also check out this Help Guide: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/All-About-Reviews-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/38099#M1857

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Bente1
Level 2
Copenhagen, Denmark

That will be done automaticalkly if you answers the mail asking for a review. But it doesn't not work as airbnb have no explanation for the starts, so everybody uses 5 * unless it is totally hopeless. 

Bente Ravnborg