scam

scam

Hello Community, I introduce myself as I am Elodie** and I currently live in Barcelona with my 2 children. I have been an occasional guest here in Barcelona since September 2019 and I would like to warn you!!!!!! Be very careful!!!!This weekend I had a disastrous experience with a tenant who booked me 4 nights from 8/12 to 12/12. As a matter of principle before accepting the reservation I initiate an exchange with this person in order to make a short acquaintance and to know the reasons for his coming to our region. First of all as a security measure because the profile in the first phase of the process remains very anonymous and wanting to be cautious about the people I welcome at home the one I share with my children. This young man at first sight seems very courteous to me and expresses himself in a more than correct French since he is of Italian origin from Sardinia more precisely mentions to me that he speaks Catalan as well as Castilian to know the city well and that he comes for a project?! p That he would be delighted to be able to enjoy the chance to occupy my pretty new double room plus it has a pretty balcony with a very nice view and cherry on the gift, he benefits from a small private bathroom that he will not have to share with the occupants of the house. I accept the reservation, we agree on his arrival and in any case I will be present all day, he arrives at 11:20 as planned, warning me that he was expected and had to leave very soon... I greet him first of all and invite him to leave his luggage in his room indicating that the cupboard is empty and at his disposal indicates his private bathroom, just means that the external blind is defective and that the ideal way to have less light in the morning if he gets up late is to close the external curtains on the balcony, This is a detail in my opinion but it is even useful to specify it by simply correcting it for him and then from goal to goal when he barely says hello to me when he arrives with his eyes fixed on his phone and listens to me barely without any interest in what I was saying to him, he comes out in a dismissive tone and a haughty look takes me high "I have no choice" He confirms with this simple sentence the unease he has been experiencing since his arrival... Of course I simply answer him if you have the choice to cancel the reservation if it suits you, I will not oppose it and I respect your decision, he tells me "no no not at all it suits me" detailing every nook and cranny, I was cold behind my back... To relax the atmosphere I kindly offer him a coffee which he refuses preferring a glass of water... I give him the wifi codes. He asks me for the keys having them in hand I give him on the spot knowing he is in a hurry. He tells me I'll see you later.... All this in just 10 or 15 minutes. 4 hours later around 4pm he calls me and says "Elodie all thoughtful, I wish to cancel as you suggested, I have already called Airbnb they agree without any penalty if you agree and sign a paper !!!!!!.... I see no problem to cancel the reservation I confirm by email with the platform and will call them immediately however I specify to him that the money is transferred 24 hours after the arrival of the tenant and that to date I have not touched anything that is clear such is the payment and the procedure of the platform (75€). I ask him when he returns me the keys that I want to recover them as soon as possible and I ask him to come and get his luggage. He has the nerve to answer me in 1 hour or 2 because supposedly the place he found, the elevator is broken! For the moment I raise my voice and tell him that it is not correct if he wants to leave free to him but I want him to give me back the keys right away and that he gets his luggage back as soon as possible I am not a host! He claims it's on the fourth floor! In short, as if by chance, in less than 20 minutes he shows up. I was on the phone with Airbnb explaining the situation to him, he does the same via his phone asks me mine to talk to them I tell him that he lacks correction and my interlocutor tells me that everything is ok that they will call him back on his line. He must be around 4:30 pm, he picks up his things and gives me the keys as soon as he gets off, rings me on the intercom threatening to file a complaint against me with the police.  While Airbnb has just confirmed to me by email the cancellation and the full refund of the customer I tell him that he has a hell of a nerve!!!! It doesn't stop there at 9pm I receive a whats app call from this charming gentleman to whom I answer by the way that we were going to exchange calmly since he was reimbursed!! No sir continues his threats, defamation and so on I end up hanging up on him. Reminder Airbnb explaining the situation to them so that he can verify the identity of the latter...

As a result, my children and I didn't sleep the night away, my youngest left with an unnamed anguish with the ball in his stomach this morning at school. I went to the office barely 2 hours for a team meeting and be there for the youngest one to return because since he kept the keys for a good part of the afternoon he could very well have made a double one. Back from the office I realize that he had left me a message as long as the one I just wrote a madman!!! at 1:15 in the morning / Threats, defamations, he feels aggrieved, humiliated that I put him out that it is difficult to find a room that I had no qualms about when it is he who made the decision to cancel...etc etc etc. all this to get to the EXTORSION pompom sir asks me for an amicable settlement before initiating a procedure and blah blah blah blah blah....claims me supposedly a simple sum "modest 100 € in view of my situation"!!!!!?????... And as compensation for the damage he has suffered. Here's my misadventure it's been going on for 24 hours I called a locksmith, called my lawyer. It seems that this gentleman is simply a liar.... He worked and lived here anyway he is registered as such in 2017 in Barcelona..... I know it's very long but it seemed important to me to warn the Barcelona community to be careful especially women because I don't think that this young man a 30-year-old **bleep** that I would call being in great distress is disturbed... The only Project of this little low-level crook is to scam the hosts a small game to which he must lend himself quite regularly because he is looking for a rental or cohabitation of with requirements not justified given the research undertaken. So be careful, malicious person!!!!!!! Thank you for reading me Elodie 

0 Replies 0