unblocking dates after a cancellation

Sher1100
Level 2
Fernie, Canada

unblocking dates after a cancellation

Hi Airbnb community,

I had a guest cancel a booking due to a wedding being cancelled and a full refund was issued.  But, the original dates that were booked are still blocked off in my calendar making any future bookings for those dates impossible.  Does anyone here know how to unblock them?  I called Airbnb but could not wait the 45+min to speak to a representative .

Thanks community people,

Sher **

**Personal information hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to share any personal details publicly for your own privacy

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sher1100  The guest cancelled the booking from their end, or you cancelled it? If you got a message from Airbnb saying the guest wants to cancel and asking you to accept it, that gets registered as a host cancellation, with all the penalties applied, one of which is blocking your calendar. If you ever get a message like that, decline it. The guest can cancel easily from their side without involving the host- those messages are a tricky way for a guest to get a full refund.

Try contacting Airbnb through their messaging function or their Twitter account- the phone lines have ridiculous wait times right now. It may take awhile to get a response, but at least you won't be wasting time holding the phone.

Hi Sarah977, 

The guest did cancel from their end.  Yes, the wait time with Airbnb are so long right now its impossible to hold that long on the phone.  

I did go through the steps to message them but haven't heard back yet.  I wasn't aware that they have a Twitter account that I am able to contact them through but will search that way of contacting.  

thanks for your help on this!

Sher