unfair reviews by a guest called briena

Evamaria11
Level 2
Vienna, Austria

unfair reviews by a guest called briena

i recently had a digital nomad as a guest, who stayed in her room most of the time besides some short visits to get a coffee. even so quiet and clean her presence was a littly heavy and intense. she put lots of food in the kitchen and also in the fridge which has the local size where i gave her as much space as i had myself. for two weeks she would constantly also use my space and when i came in with presents for a birthday party, that needed to be cooled, i had to rearrange again. when she entered the kitchen behind me i said in the direction of the fridge she needs to give me my space there. she went by and locked herself in the bathroom, which seemed a bit a over reaction. later i got two long messages that where a bit confusing. i told her again that i cant offer her my space there as i need it myself and also offered her to shorten her stay if she likes as she was quite dramatic about the incident stating i yelled at her and more accusations. unfortunatly she stayed and i went out of her way as much as possible.

in the end she sent a nice last message. she also left a lot of (unwanted) food as expected as she always stored large amounts and lots of trash. so i thought ok i do not want to ruin her digital nomad life style and sent a good review only to find a very long and again kind of strange twisted review of her where she rated me with 5 stars in 5 categories and 2 in communication. ok but then overall 3 stars - which is the most annoying part. when you do the maths its just so unfair. 27/6 would be 4,5. airbnb says all they can do is hide my review of her which i let them do now because i would not recommend her to other hosts anymore as this seems to be a pattern, because  i could see that she sent a similar very long and kind of twisted review to the hostess she has been with before with strange accusations after a good start. unfortunately i did not check what reviews she left with other hosts before. maybe its even not so good that future hosts now cant backtrack from her account to mine and to see how she behaves there. 

do you usually check all the reviews of guests who want to book?

i guess it would have saved me troubles to do so in that case.

all the other guests i had this summer gave me 5* reviews and it was a joy to host again after a three years brake. 

i can only hope that guests that read her review see it in the review itself that the text is kind of strange twisted. 

greets,

evamaria

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Evamaria11 

I do not see a review from Briena on your profile.

i am very happy that airbnb checked it and deleted the review as its content was against the rules, i do not know exactly but i guess one point was that she metioned other guests would have given dishonest reviews.

as this is solved actually i wanted to delete my post now but could not yet find the right button to do so. otherwise might be helpful for future hosts as example and to watch out for similar guests which you probably dont want to host.

Is it required to leave a guest review?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

No @Angie682 

Thank you!