unreasonable extra charge

unreasonable extra charge

So I've recently stayed at a airbnb and the host is charging me a ridiculous amount for something I had no control over. She's trying to charge me for extra trash but let me tell you both of the trash bins were completely full from the previous guests. So we had no where to put them so we just left them beside it and she's charging for that. Also one of the dining room chairs were loose, so one of my family members sat down and broke one of the legs. I understand that I have to pay for that but charging $300 for trash we had no control over and things claiming we broke but saw they were broken when we first got there. It seems like she's trying to get more money out of me since she's claiming me and my guests "trashed" her home. Me personally I don't think I should be paying that much probably more like $150-$200 but that's my opinion. Wanted to get some insight from other people first before going forward with paying. 

2 Replies 2
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Waylan0  just curious... why you stayed in a place the whole period with other people's and your trash and didn't take it out? I can't believe there were no containers anywhere outside? How long did you stay there ?

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Waylan0  It depends on what the host instructions rules were about the garbage disposal, and whether, if you weren't able to follow those rules because the bins were full, if you informed the host of this, or not.  It's possible the host has gotten a ticket for improper trash disposal, but without seeing the listing I don't know whether this charge is/is not fair.