verify the payment method

Answered!

verify the payment method

"You recently added a direct deposit (ACH) payout method to your Airbnb account. In order to verify the payment method, we’ve sent you a small test deposit of $0.01."

How do I do this? Links are so hard to find on this site!!!

1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @David-And-Dawn1,

You don't have to do anything.

when you add something like a bakn account as your payout method Airbnb makes a 1 cent deposit to it. If that is accepted by the bank Airbnb automatically continues the verification process. when this is complete the status of your method is set to "ready" so you payouts will then be sent to that account.

You can check the status as follows:

click on your profile photo after logging in

then select "Account settings" from the menu

then click on "Payout preferences"

check the "Status" column for the payout method you entered.

In my case it took several working days to complete this process.

Steve.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @David-And-Dawn1,

You don't have to do anything.

when you add something like a bakn account as your payout method Airbnb makes a 1 cent deposit to it. If that is accepted by the bank Airbnb automatically continues the verification process. when this is complete the status of your method is set to "ready" so you payouts will then be sent to that account.

You can check the status as follows:

click on your profile photo after logging in

then select "Account settings" from the menu

then click on "Payout preferences"

check the "Status" column for the payout method you entered.

In my case it took several working days to complete this process.

Steve.

Seems like misinformation was in the email. which states that "we suggest that you confirm the test payout was successful before your first guest checks in."  They should make it clear in saying that airbnb has a process and we need confirm that the process is successful. 

Manuel222
Level 1
Johannesburg, South Africa

Hi Guys

I have set up my airbnb account for portugal and it seems to say that the bank transfer option is not available.  Does anyone know why?

Qasim0
Level 1
Lahore, Pakistan

I've set-up my airbnb account in Pakistan.

It tests by two small transactions, in USD, but my credit card shows me these amounts in our local Pakistani currency, PKR (Pakistani Rupee).

I don't know what conversion rate airbnb was using, so how do I enter a $$ amount?