CHANGE THE HOLD MUSIC ON THE PHONE!!

CHANGE THE HOLD MUSIC ON THE PHONE!!

PLEASE, please change the hold music on your support line!  It is driving everyone crazy.  Delete the song, and use other songs on rotation.  Hosts who have waited hours upon hours, have a gross pavlovian response to this hold music!!  

43 Comments
Tari0
Level 1

AirBnb has the worst customer service in the country. Each and every time you call the hold times increase and nothing has changed for the past ten years. I'm listening to this song now actually because I'm ON HOLD for yet another 30 minutes waiting for a supervisor to answer the phone. I have complained countless times about the song. It falls on deaf ears. Horrible horrible customer service.  

Marc130
Level 2

Why such awful music on hold?  Can't get a response.  Typing questions on these pages is as useless as listening to the insane hold music.

Paul440
Level 1

SILENCE would be great hold music.  This song is great for 1 minute and then just terrible after 30 minutes on hold.  Here's a thought:  "Hello, thank you for calling AirBNB.  Please wait for the next available representative.  Press 1 to listen to the same song over and over.  Press 2 for a mix.  Press 3 for silence."

Robyn74
Level 1

What is the song? I've been on hold, or was just lost connection, and the music was the only redeeming part of the experience. Airbnb makes me crazy. It's just not a great site. 

Rose113
Level 2

I love this song and don't mind listening to it!  The hold time and lack of resolution is the problem with Airbnb! I have found that when things work out, Airbnb is great - but when there is an issue, it takes weeks for someone, a "case manager" to call back! 

Marc130
Level 2

The on hold music is audio terrorism. We need Seal Team 6 to visit airbnb and remove the song. Listening to that song is worse than being waterboarded!!!!

Jay18
Level 5
Nice song. Except. After being on hold for what seems like forever, because your first call was cut off 10 seconds after you got through in less than 5 minutes. Then it becomes a lame song after listening for almost 15 minutes. Then listening to it for minutes again because the AirBnB rep cannot answer your question and has to place you on hold. No wonder more and more people are leaving AirBnB. This song certainly does not help an already bad situation of waiting for a long time, and then being placed on hold.
Rue3
Level 2

Yikes.. fresh and updated is what works with high end companies. Airbnb is such a strong company one would think they could change up!!! Famous last 7 words of a dieing company "We've never done it that way before"

Jay18
Level 5
Perhaps you are confusing "strong" with "big"? 😉 AirBnB is certainly big, and still growing. However, that does not make them strong. They could learn from the 'innovate or die' concept, as can most companies.
Marc130
Level 2

Indeed, innovation is important for any company to grow and stay at the head of the pack. For a company like Airbnb communications with hosts and guests is very important. Listening to, and responding to comments and feedback from hosts and guests is critical.  In this area Airbnb falls short. I find as both a host (for two properties) and a frequent guest, communication is pretty much a one way street and ineffective. For example on the subject of the hold music, which I seriously believe is extremely irritating, I can post a comment, and there it ends. No opportunity for discussion with decision makers or their representatives.  No way to get a question answered.  Also I have had ideas to improve or expand Airbnb's service but have been unable to find anyone to discuss these ideas with.  A serious problem. And as numerous others have said, the hold time are unreasonably long. I think Airbnb is so highly automated, the human element is basically gone. Its sort of like dealing with a government bureaucracy.  We are all very tired of that.