Family collection should not include TV's.

Family collection should not include TV's.

I am a superhost of a popular and very family friendly farm cabin.  I meet all the requirements for Family Collection except for a TV.  In this day and age when most every guest has their own laptop or device why would a rental need a TV.  Most of the families that stay at my farm cabin comment on the joy they get from watching the animals.  I purposely did not add a TV so families could enjoy nature and the farm and connect on a personal level.  I provide wifi, games, books, toys, children's cutlery and dishes, crib and a high chair.  There is so much happening around the cabin that a TV would distract from that unique experience and disconnect family time.  I feel it is unfair to be denied Family Collection status based on not having a TV.  Please reconsider this.  

34 Comments
ChuckandCarole0
Level 7

Who at airbnb lies awake at night dreaming up these rules?

ChuckandCarole0
Level 7

Actually in one of these forums, i saw a host having the same issue getting into the "WORK" category,  as i am getting into the "FAMILY" category, they can't access their listing in the "Work" category even though they have jumped thru all the hoops....this is a glitch in the system and the poor customer service reps didn't even get an update so they can helpfully lead a host thru the process.....they are all just guessing it seems....with Work i checked off the correct amenities and there was my listing under Work.....this other poor host did the same thing and can't achieve the same results. besides the obvious wrong definition of what a FAMILY is, this is it's own issue. Tech support needs to know this.

ChuckandCarole0
Level 7

Actually Ian, i don't think Sarah missed your point at all.....the fact that a listing will not come up in a "Family" search unless the listing has a TV....does not meet the needs of those families who specifically do not want a TV where they stay.....thousands of listings that are truly child friendly(which is what that category should be called) are not showing up, leaving the needs of those guests in the dust, as well as many hosts that don't even realize their listings are no longer coming up in a search. 

David-and-Dona0
Level 3

T.V. no T.V.  Makes no difference.  Just have total transparency in your listing and you should be fine.  I provide a couple televisions but not in the living room where there is the fireplace and view of the garden.  To me, that is a family, or friend gathering spot and a television need not exist.  Some may disagree; however it's my cottage and that's how I do things.