Keyword Search

Keyword Search

I would love to see the Keyword Search feature brought back. I've spoken with many other hosts who would like to see this turned back on as well.

This was a great way for guests and hosts to find a good match and there are too many special interests to provide check-boxes for. Some guests, for example, prefer to stay in a kosher or vegan household. Others might want to stay with SCUBA divers or surfers.

Keyword search was a great way to make these connections happen. It was good for guests and for hosts! Many of us saw a large drop in page views when this feature was turned off, and the views have never returned to their prior levels. It seems that there are a lot of missed connections, with guest who are having trouble finding just what they're looking for.

29 Comments
John282
Level 3
I'd love to have more gay guests, but we have no way of finding each other.
Jim91
Level 2

Where is the best place to put the keywords for the serarch process? The titile or in the description?

I feel like I'm not getting any viwers and need advice to encourage more visitors. I changed my rates, and photos, but I think it's from the serach engine process when someone inputs the city they are looking for that is not happening for me. Any advice?     

yes. yes. yes. to all of the above comments - let's keep this topic ALIVE and front and center at the upcoming AirBnb OPEN conference.

BRING BACK KEYWORD SEARCH!

BRING BACK KEYWORD SEARCH!!!

keep this topic alive and at the forefront of the upcoming Airbnb Open.

guest search, keywords, search parameters, host search, Keyword Search

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Status changed to: Popular

The status of this Idea has been changed to Popular. Ideas that receive 20 or more Thumbs up from the community within the first 7 days of being published become Popular. The Popular Ideas with the most Thumbs Up are reviewed closely by the Airbnb product team. In reviewing these Ideas, the original post and comments from the community will be considered. Thank you for taking the time to submit a thoughtful Idea that resonates with the community.

Doug50
Level 1

When you book a ski or beach vacation wouldn't it be MUCH more convenient to key in "ski in ski out" or "beachfront".  It is rediculous that this feature has been taken away.  COME ON AIRBNB. 

Anthony203
Level 2

Exactly! Oceanfront/GAY/Vegan/Cooking/Shopping/Sushi/ etc.....all things that people may want to look for when traveling.

Ha there been an explanation as to WHY keyword was removed?????

Erik6
Level 3
I've yet to see any explanation as to why such an incredibly useful tool has been removed. Usually the "answer" I see is "keyword search has been removed but you can easily adjust results by filtering blah blah blah" We need to continue to push for keyword search; it's absurd not to have it!
Bill134
Level 1

Bump!

Erik6
Level 3

bump