Listing order of amenities

Listing order of amenities

A prospective guest recently let me know that she loves my place but can't book it because there is no internet. I told her that I do have wireless internet, and checked the amenity list to make sure I did not forget to mark it. Here's the situation: "internet" appeared at the top of the list (crossed out), while "wireless internet" at the very bottom was overlooked by this guest. Please have these related amenities bundled, e.g. use parentheses to put "wireless" behind "internet", so that all types of internet appear in one spot only. The same is true for "TV" and "Cable TV". That way guest may not dismiss a listing prematurely.

16 Comments
Sandra126
Level 10

That would be the simplest thing, if catalogued library style.

TV

TV - Cable

Internet

Internet - Wireless

Easy for Air to change in the blink of an eye. Good thinking!

Dede0
Level 10

To the original poster on this thread ( @Martin119), the simplest thing for you to do in the meantime is to also check off the plain Internet amenity in addition to the Wifi amenity.

To the people who posted unrelated questions and suggestions -- please pay a little more attention and learn how this place works. One doesn't add a comment to an existing thread that's entirely unrelated to the existing discussion. And, in fact, in this particular forum (Host Voice), you're only supposed to post suggestions for improvements you'd like to see, not random questions for help. As the forum's introduction states;

"Host Voice is a tool for sharing your ideas with Airbnb where you can suggest new features or improvements to existing features. See other hosts' ideas on the Host Voice board in the Community Center. If you'd like more details about Host Voice, take a look here."

To some extent, I think this confusion is AirBnB's fault for "promoting" Host Voice by making it pop up first on the top half of the screen when hosts first log into the Community Forums. New and/or clueless hosts just click that "ad" and are off to the races.

Martin119
Level 3

Thanks Dede, thougt about doing it that way. I'm just a bit wary that the next guest comes with a device that cannot connect to Wifi and then asks for a wall outlet for internet.

And yes, thank you for trying to keep this board clean! There is a "Share your idea" button for anyone who'd like to start with a new idea.

Dede0
Level 10

@Martin119 I totally understand your hesitation because some guests might show up expecting to be able to plug directly into an ethernet jack. On the other hand, we've never had a single guest ask about that. And when I travel, I no longer expect a direct jack. There are very few devices that don't have wifi now, so the only reason I can think of for someone to want a direct connection is if the wifi bandwidth is simply way too weak. (In our case, we're lucky enough to have full Gigabit wifi, so no one ever complains.)  🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Lizzie
Former Community Manager

Lizzie
Former Community Manager

Lizzie
Former Community Manager

Brandon83
Level 2

When I go to edit my listings amenities, I have the option for "wireless internet" but not "internet". When prospective guests are searching for a place and they put "internet" down as a required amenity- my listing won't show up in the list! How can I resolve this issue?

Jill183
Level 2

We're having the same issue as Brandon! We can't find an option to select "internet". We keep going in circles trying to select it! Please, if someone has a step by step on how to get to that field, it wouod be greatly appreciated!