Public Reviews

Public Reviews

Unfortunately a guest had his car broken into while parked in the driveway. His wallet and valuables were stolen. 

My home is situated in a small boutique seaside village. It is 10 metres from the local school, 500 metres to a pristine beach , 1 kilometre to the village shops . It has been a family home for 60 years and no breakin has happened in this Street. 

The guest wrote a scathing public review and stated that the town was unsafe. Airbnb backed up his accusation by saying the host should warn their guests of possible thefts. I feel this is so detrimental to my future bookings and those other Airbnb bookings in this beautiful town. Airbnb was wrong in not only publishing this review but reinforcing how unsafe my home was and the town. Everyone loses including Airbnb. I wrote to Airbnb with my concerns and arguments in printing this review but they dismiss my letter and printed the review.

3 Comments
Marc46
Level 3

I understand your concers and yes, the public review system needs to get rid of it's "untouchable status".
I had a case of a group booking for 3 and ending up to be 8. Airbnb staff advised me to "negotiate" with the booking guest but they simply ignored my calls and messages. Finally I had to ask the local police to assist...getting to a resolution, agreeing the guests to stay till the next morning.
Airbnb didn't stop these guests making a public review and giving us a 1 star rating.

Multiple times I have asked Airbnb how it was possible they were allowed to give a public review and if they can please remove it.

Till now it hasn't been removed, Airbnb just keeps dismissing my requests. It's one of the reasons why I decided to have booking channels beyond Airbnb. 

I would like to see a help line phone number when having issues with the site.  Someone you can speak to.

Keryn3
Level 1

I would like to be able to add a surcharge for guests who only want to stay 1 night. I currently have a 2 night minimum, but I wouldn't mind doign 1 night if I could charge a bit more for it.