We want our home descriptions back!

We want our home descriptions back!

20 likes of a topic gets Lizzie to actually read it.  We all want our home descriptions back. We have lost all personality with this change.

SO folks, please like this and pass it around.  The subject is on a couple of boards, but not enough individual likes to work.

36 Comments
Bruce-and-Wren0
Level 2

This is deliberate.  ABB is forcing hosts to be "nondiscrimantory" by providing less and less information about guests, and forcing guests to be less discriminatory about hosts by showing only a photo and price.  It's a race to the bottom (price) and will not end well because of increasing crime and fraud.  As a host and guest I see it destroying the original strength of airbnb, which was almost a match.com for travelers.  I will not be forced into running a flophouse.

Jason91
Level 3

Exactly! Why do we spend time creating titles for our listing if they aren't shown in the search results?!?!

Echo all responses. This looks really tacky and unprofessional and after all the work we put into presenting  professional credible listings this is really retrograde

Jiw0
Level 10

Maybe we could add a catch-all request to AirBnB that goes something like: 

"Please. Just. Stop.    No more 'improvements', you're making it worse every step of the way!!"

Take a breather, discuss (*truly* **discuss**) with hosts before continuing  on this path of trial and error and making willy-nilly changes with no (or abysmal) communications to anyone.

Marie3
Level 4

My title has important info--private bath--I want browsers to see it as they look. Bring back the listing name!

Debby-And-Kevin0
Level 10

So frustrating! For now, you can add text to your first photo, using photoshop, then upload it to your airbnb listing (deleting the old one). We're the only ones doing it in Bend right now, and it's getting us a lot of views. It's hard to believe that airbnb would do womething like this without discussing it with the hosts. Good luck! deb&kev

Debby-And-Kevin0
Level 10

We did it, folks! Our listing headings are back, at least here in Oregon! Thanks to everyone who gave this topic a thumbs up!

Holly42
Level 3

My description quickly identified important differentiating factors about my house so that you can just scroll on by if that's not what you're looking for. This change has heavily impacted my queries in a negative way. 

Debby-And-Kevin0
Level 10

Oh no! I figured if we had our headings back, everybody did.  Start a new discussion with the heading "bring back listing headings!" in your area. Good luck! 

Amy38
Level 10

Mine are back...this must be a computer glitch...post on abb Facebook to get some response.