super host and call waiting time

super host and call waiting time

This is actually two subjects that are related: 

I have two Air BnBs and as of now am not happy and do not feel supported by Air BnB for the following reasons:

1. I needed to reach Air BnB about a non urgent matter and had over an hour wait and never got through. This makes me very nervous as far as if I really needed their help like in booking or an emergency. We deserve to be able to reach someone to receive support when needed

2. Superhost standards are basically unattainable for me. The ratings for the guests are very subjective and one client rated me 3 stars because her child was cranky and the coffee grinder was "dirty" with coffee grounds. I think we should be rated more on our commitment and response rate. I have very good ratings but just keep missing superhost, and thusly when I have a problem I do not get priority for phone access. This is not right. I wrote them about it but they never responded to my question and keep skirting over the subject.

8 Comments
Shani7
Level 1

I likewise find the inability to talk to an actual person or to express my issues without being send in circles of preconceived FAQs utterly infuriating. 

Grigoris0
Level 1

I want to communicate with someone from the company and is impossible. FAQ doesnt provides answers to my questions. I have a problem with payments that is urges=nt and I cannot find a solution.

Diane84
Level 4

Very frustrating!! Now I got a review- a bad review- that states I was not accurate in my description and I have a full bed not a queen and it is just plain not true! So I have to live with that negative review for a year and it was completely out of my control! They have to come up with a way to let yus call them and be priority hosts if we have 100% commitment and 100% response time - the things that I can control That should be the criteria for superhost!! And we all should have access to communication with them--- very frustrated right now. This same guest also privately complained to me that the place smelled"too clean almost like a hotel"  With some people you just can't win and Air BnB needs to take that into consideration. Thinking of checking out VRBO

Diane84
Level 4

I actually phoned them today and got through, I think  it is because now I am possibly qualify for super host, and was put through because of that. I complained strongly about how the subjective ratings should not influence possible super host status and how EVERYONE should have access to contacting them for support when needed. I think this is really wrong. I strongly urge everyone to call and let them know, keep calling at different times of the day.  I got through at 7 AM  

I told them a lot of hosts are upset they can't get through on the phone or contact them and are unhappy and thinking to go to VRBO but of course they cant voice their opinioins because Air BnB does not pick up the phone for us.  I dont think we should have to be a superhost according to their subjective standards to receive support or be able to contact them

Rebecca51
Level 2

I'm a superhost and haven't been able to get through on the phone on either that line or the regular phone number. Have currently been on hold for 45 minutes. And the problem is big -- my listing is not showing up on the website! Quite discouraging. Phone support used to be super with an immediate followup email, but last time I called, the issue was never pursued, and now I can't get through at all.

Diane84
Level 4

That is very poor business and they are losing you a lot of money. Something needs to change in their practices we all need to lodge complaints to initiate change or move companies. VRBO anyone? Has anyone tried it?

Carol78
Level 2

I have attained Super Host for 10 quarters in a row. We work hard and have had some 2 and 3 star reviews, usually because people who have no concept of distance(or knowledge of Google maps) are pissed when they realize that when I say 10 minutes by car and 20 minutes by bus to downtown, it typically means walking may be a bit longer since no one walks at 45 miles per hour AND that's a d**n long, hot walk in 100 degree summer heat, or anytime in my estimation. . These reviews do not weigh heavily against all the 5 stars we receive. I would hate to think just anyone could get the Super Host status on just being "committed" and "responsive" because that says nothing about the guest's experience! If we do not provide a 5 star experience that will reflect in the ratings.

I have never had problems reaching Airbnb on their phone lines and I appreciate the special treatment because I work very hard to acheive this perk I call my SH Hotline. I did have to wait yesterday a bit longer but the phone was on speaker as I was cleaning the rooms getting ready for the next guest. 

There are other platforms, but alas, none of them are a multi-billion dollar success story like Airbnb, but I'm sure they welcome  whiners, er, I mean new users. 

Eric303
Level 2

We feel exactly the same way! Both with the inability to get in touch with Air BnB AND the "superhost" criteria!

We are being alerted on our host account that our account is "at risk" for being suspended unless we improve our Superhost performance.

The criteria they're dinging us on? The fact that we cancled a reservation. ONE reservation. That the guest contacted us and ASKED US TO CANCEL THE RESERVATION!! WE, the hosts, are being penalized? Not right. 

We've signed up with other services similar to Air BnB (ie, Homeaway) but we are not getting any traffic at all on those sites.