3rd Party Reservations

Joy28
Level 2
Melby, Denmark

3rd Party Reservations

Hi fellow-hosts,

Has any of you experience from renting out your whole property to  (foreign) athletes where the booking is done by the local trainer, who has a registered company. I guess this does not fall under "booking for your employees", because these athletes are more like clients of the local trainer.  I have so far advised the trainer to ask one of the athletes to create a profile and make a booking, but haven't heard back yet. 

What risks do you see here?

best,

Joy

19 Replies 19
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

It is against Airbnb's T&Cs to accept third party bookings. So as you have proof that this is a third party booking, then contact Airbnb again and insist they cancel the booking at no penalty to yourself.  @Linda356 

Well apparently not they do allow 3rd party booking from what they call approved Booker's. But when these people make a booking there is nothing to show that they are an approved Booker. All a bit wrong if you ask me. 

Airbnb changed the rule. They do allow 3rd party bookings. I just contacted AirBnB back in April, 2021 and they said it was recently changed. 

@Lisa990  If it hasn't changed in the written policies and TOS ( it hasn't- https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/427/can-i-book-on-behalf-of-a-friend-or-family-member) , it hasn't changed.

Do not believe what their customer service outsourced, clueless reps tell you. They give out completely incorrect information on a regular basis. 

If your company is enrolled in Airbnb for Work, you can designate people to book trips on behalf of others. That in my mind is a third party booking and that is mostly what I have mostly come across.