Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

And the belonging press release:

https://press.airbnb.com/biggestnightever/

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing @Emiel1. I hope you don't mind, I've moved your post to the CC Hosting board. 

4 million guests staying in Airbnbs around the world...in just one night! It's pretty cool. 🙂 

Did you host on August 10th? Did you host some of the 4 million guests? 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Emiel1
Level 10

@LizzieThanks for moving (no idea where i posted it..)

I hosted 2 guests on August 10th. August and september are allways very busy months, as lot of international students  need (temporary) accomodation due to start of new semester.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wow @Emiel1 that's almost the same as the population of Moldova!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Stephanie 

it is more than the population of Croatia 🙂

Ann489
Level 10
Boise, ID

@Emiel1  I saw it.   Whoop-dee-doo.    Meaningless blablabla.  Would not have been possible if it weren't for us millions of small fry hosts who carry all the risks while Airbnb rakes in the big bucks.  😛

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

You are completely right, it wouldn't be possible without you and other hosts @Ann489.  What hosts like you do on a daily basis is incredible.

I think we should now do one on how many hosts have hosted on one night. I'm going to suggest it...! 🙂 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Kemi6
Level 10
Johannesburg, South Africa

@Stephanie @Lizzie @Quincy

I would like to ask a question : are you hosts? Have you ever hosted?

Rowena29
Level 10
Australia

Hi @Emiel1 

thanks so much for posting those hyperlinks.

I'm a bit of a techno phobe so don't have twitter insta etc etc ( DO  have FB, don't use it much)

Just wondering how helpful you found the airbnb alerts via twitter.

Don't REALLY want to get bogged down with more PR communications etc etc,  but do you find that it's keeping you a bit of a step ahead so to speak?

Would appreciate your insights.

Cheers

Emiel1
Level 10

@Rowena29 

The normal Airbnb account (Airbnb) on Twitter is mostly news and highlights (like the link i posted)

You don't need to own a Twitter account yourself to just read the tweets occasionally goto:

https://twitter.com/airbnb

BTW There are also some local twitter accounts like airbnb_fr, airbnb_uk etc..

The Airbnb Help account (AirbnbHelp) can also be usefull, as I experienced the people behind it do respond rather quick and have a high level of competence. It is also alerting when there is something wrong on the Airbnb platform. But on the other hand, you also see al other peoples troubling tweets....

If you own a Twitter account you can offcourse also "market" your own listing easily by sending Tweets (with link to homepage or listing) about it. If you mention their account Airbnb  in it, they will give you a like most of the time.! (maybe done automatically...)

Best regards,

Emiel

Rowena29
Level 10
Australia

Thanks so much  @Emiel0 for taking the trouble to respond and explain.

Really helpful.

I guess I am so disgusted by the narcissistic way these social media tools are used by so many that I have given them a wide berth.

But of course when it comes to business they can be a very useful tool - a fact which I tend to neglect.

thanks again!

Rowena

To all the current and future hosts out there:

... the agony and the ecstasy to come. 

Currently in the middle of the worst guest created disaster in my history of hosting.

Good luck to everyone, host and guest alike.

@Jenny607 

What happened?