6 Month Booking Window Will Improve Your Search Ranking

Rubén16
Level 10
Vermont, United States

6 Month Booking Window Will Improve Your Search Ranking

Yesterday I decided to analize the top 5 first page listings in my state, and to my suprise the majority ( 4 out of 5) had their booking settings to only 6 months? so I decided to change my booking listing setting to 6 months, and yes a 6 month booking setting will improve your position in search ranking.

I am not sure why it improves it, because you would think that a long term booking window would be preffered in the algorithm, I guess it might have to do with percentages and averages of days open to number of booked days. It would be great to have some feedback on this, let us know how it worked for you.

( I noticed the change in my search ranking after 24hours)

Rubén
15 Replies 15
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Rubén16 Wow, that is some great intel!  I'm going to try it!

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Rubén16

Could you try this for Krakow Poland and see what results you get?

I'd do it myself but i don't have the skill set.

Rubén16
Level 10
Vermont, United States

@Cormac0  Hi Cormac in Krakow Poland The first 2 listings in the first page  have a 6 month booking setting.

SOPHIA Serenity & Harmony 

Beautiful New Studio Apt, Old Town Market Square 5

Rubén

@Rubén16

Thanks Ruben

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Rubén16

Probably when you did this test you did not entered the frame dates.

If there is no frame dates, certainly they will show the listing with more dates opened.

If you had entered the frame dates, I am absolutely sure that, the search results would be different!

Certainly what will appear in the search results will be the the listings that has dates available that matchs the dates that the potential guest would like to book.

Diego541
Level 10
Rosario, Argentina

oh @Rubén16 I didn´t know that! Thanks for the information!

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

@J-Renato0@Diego541@Rubén16 Sorry, this just isn’t true. The results are mathematically flawed. In the world of programming, this type of conclusion is called “poor mans maths”. Most people should realise why if they think carefully for a moment...

Statistical results are calculated based on the population size being sampled. If you shrink the population size (I.e. put your listing against those only available in the next 6 months), you distort the results. The population of unbooked listings closer to “today” is statistically smaller.

If people want to know their true Search Ranking, they should look at as wider sample (in this case period of time) as they can.

The 28 official SEO drivers are tested and proven. This isn’t one of them.

Thanks @Ben551.  Now I am really curious what are the 28 official SEO drivers. 

Thanks Ben!

Marta1068
Level 1
Gandia, ES

I’d like to switch off my 6- month booking window but I cannot find a way yo do it... some help please?

Go to your listing page

Then click on Booking settings

Scroll down to the calendar

Scroll down to availability settings 

Choose from the drop-down menu

@Marta1068  Go to your control panel,  then Listing, then Availability. It is in there under Reservation Preferences,  called Availability Window.

Click Edit to change the availability window to whatever you want. 

Marta1068
Level 1
Gandia, ES

Thanks @Kevin1322 

Hi Everyone,

How do I change my setting to a 6month booking ?

Also, our house have been unvailable for rent and I have not disactivated the profile. Now, I feel that all the bookings that I have denied affected negatively the ranking search. Is it possible ? How do I make it up for it, now that I can rent it again ?

Many thanks for your help !

Eleonora