ABB you really DO stink...

Grace232
Level 3
Alexandria, VA

ABB you really DO stink...

I granted a guest their cancellation request and you are blocking those days off and conducting an investigation? LMAO!!  So yeah, guests skips over the part where the ad states check-in is 6:00 to 10:00 and states that his flight arrives at 11:48 and he'd be coming in after mid-night.

"Unfortunately, I am not able to accomodate the mid-night arrival, as wer my ad...  Becuase I am an on-call interpreter for the government and the medical organization.  Could you shape the arrival at all to be before 10:00?  Otherwise, maybe another host can provide a later check-in?"  "Oh...  I just saw it, I am not able to change my arrival time, but no problem Grace, I will cancel."

I receive cancellation request from him and I agree.  Later I check my calender and the week is blocked by ABB, I'm laughing at ABB at this point.  24 hours ago you let a registered sex offender slip through "Instant Booking" and I had to cancel.   ABB, you are walking around with your pants around your ankles.

I later find out that the guest tried to cancel from his end but didn't have the option to complete it himself but had to request the host to do so.  What the HECK is that ABB?  Why are all hits going to the host?  Are you trying to break up with me?

You are not the only game in town, even if you were the first boy that I met.  Right now, you are in the DOG HOUSE.  I'm going on a date with someone else tomorrow.   

6 Replies 6
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Grace232 that's because they sent you a request for you to cancel rather than making a cancellation. If you're not the one who wants the cancellation, you shouldn't accept it. You don't need to accept a guest cancellation: they just do it themselves. I would suggest contacting Airbnb and explaining what happened and ask them to remove the penalties. 

If you want to go on hosting, I would suggest spending some time here reading about it, as it may help you avoid some of these common pitfalls. 

Also, the ID verification isn't a background check: it's just a verification that their ID matches the profile. They don't claim to do criminal background checks on guests. 

I chatted with their CS, and checking criminal backgroun is part of thier vetting process, its in the wording somehwere.  Which makes complete sense. 

The quicksand of ABB's marketing wordings is too slippery and numerous to completely map out and additionaly it is evloving. 

I think that if their behavior belies common sense, ethical business pracitce and lacks transparency that is poor behavior. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Grace232  I love your snarky sense of humor-  "pants around the ankles" and the the last paragraph cracked me up. 

Thanks!

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Grace0. How is that new 'flame' working out? Not so hot? 😉

Maria2419
Level 2
Waterloo, CA

What are other options other than Airbnb?