AIRBNBPLUS

Carol28
Level 2
Saint Austell, United Kingdom

AIRBNBPLUS

Why why why!!!

My assessment was unprofessional and the feedback ridiculous and frankly hurtful.

The original ethos of airbnb appears to being lost.

I feel that not being a plus listing will now reduce my listing to a second rate one!!! After 220  5 star reviews. What was the point of Superhost and how ridiculous that a Superhost cannot be a Airbnb plus because they don't have 5g wifi and kitchen cupboards!

Very sad at the moment and also worried about my business.

I have built my business over 3 years and all.is going very well .

I am now distraught this will affect my visibility on the platform and all that was great about airbnb is being homogenised and algorithm led.

25 Replies 25
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Carol28 your listing is beautiful and your reviews are too!

There are lots of threads here on the CC from hosts who have moved over to be Plus listings, many are unhappy with having lost control of their listing- no input on photos used or their order, the body of text (or lack thereof) and the additional stress that comes with guests who have a whole other idea of what a plus listing will offer them.

I can't see how NOT being a plus listing will hurt the amazing work you have already done and continue to do...personally I might consider it a bullet dodged...

I'd say having 220 5* reviews is exactly why you will never have a second rate listing- plus or otherwise.

Carol28
Level 2

Bless you....now I have calmed down I agree completely! The only rub is the income which I hope doesn't suffer. I am still sad as I thought airbnb with their community ethos was fab. Also whenever I occasionally have guests through one other platform I am listed on , they are never as nice as the airbnb peeps.

Thanks for your support.

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Carol28 you're income won't suffer I am sure. Do hosts charge more once they move over to plus I wonder?

I get what you're saying about the community ethos- I suppose as companies grow, some of the original ethos gets lost as certain priorities change and things move in a different direction.

Great you see the guest community as nice peeps tho :)) I only have guests from Airbnb so I don't know any different.

The hosting community is pretty ok too ahaha 

Carol28
Level 2

We know that ....yes I agree.

It costs to get the assessment , the only reason I went ahead was it was offered free....why not I thought. I would advise other hosts not to pay for this assessment....let's keep it real for the non airbnb plus hosts...haha.

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Ah I see @Carol28 I didn't realise it would normally cost hosts to join...yikes!

I already have enough paying guests who critique my little flat, I don't know if I would pay Airbnb to do it for me ahaha

Yes let's keep it real for the non-plus hosts (are we minus hosts then I wonder 😉

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Carol28

Many hosts who joined PLUS said they have more views but no bookings and are unhappy with the treatment. They had to invest sugnifican amount of money to redecorate, waited few months , have no controll about their listings at all and many unsubscribed from it already.

I haven't seen one positive comment about it and It seems the whole Plus idea is a fail.

Carol28
Level 2

That's what I think... senseless exercise for all...except airbnb who expect 149 pounds for the privilege. ...don't be fooled hosts. I will not be accepting any offer if it is forthcoming and it doesn't look like I will anyway. Also money for the so called partner's who inspect and photograph. My assessor didn't even ask to be let in they just entered my space without invitation! Feel very let down by airbnb who have been great til now.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Carol28

I think you will come to realise that is one of the best decisions that ever went against you!

Plus hosts, from the volume of traffic here Carol are extremely disallusioned. They have lost control of their listings and the content that can be used in the description! They never have control of the photos! And they are lumped in with hosts who have host cancellations, less than 6 hostings in the past 12 months!

You don't get to be a Plus host by being great at what you do....you get to be a Plus host by buying your way there.....and most Plus hosts don't think it was worth the cost!

Carol, just keep on being that great host that you are, your guest love you...you don't need to be a Plus host....you are a 'Superhost'!

Cheers......Rob

Carol28
Level 2

Dear Rob...I agree they have just advised me that their design team don't agree with certain things!!! Where the toilet brush is???? My place gets its reviews for its design which is bespoke and made from scratch a completely one off never to be seen anywhere place. ..Their design team!!!! Give me a break where is the individuality in that. I AM SO ANGRY!!!

@Carol28, I can't even believe they WANT to see a toilet brush in the bathroom?? Luxury hotels don’t keep toilet brushes in their guest rooms. Do guests scrub toilets?

Carol28
Level 2

Don't get me started again!!! Haha. The worst part of it has been being told I don't confirm to US Standards! Also that many of the UK hosts appear to have the same issues....SO offended by that...I am so against this verification process it is not being done properly and it is not necessary!

@Carol28don't ever apologize for not conforming to US standards!

Carol28
Level 2

Dear Emilia....Thanks for your support. How ridiculous this all is. I wish I had never got involved with airbnb plus and urge all other hosts to do the same. Who would give all control to airbnb? Their photos...Their editorial and their pants US Standards and designers!!!

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

:-)))