Add Business Details

Add Business Details

Hi,

I own a timeshare at a resort in Mexico. The resort absolutely agrees that owners may rent their units on AirBnb and I have sucessfully posted it in the past. However, I recently received a email from airbnb saying that I need to enter business details.........fine. However, when I go to the listing there is no place to enter business details.....! Airbnb...what do I do? It's small beautiful resort with lots of authenticity and wonderful views on Medano beach in Cabo.  Each morning is a very special view and is totally owned by timeshare owners (not operated as a hotel).

Tammy

7 Replies 7
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Tammy305 

Try this:

Click your profile photo in the top right corner when logged in to airbnb

From the drop down box click on "Account" or "Settings"

Now click on "Professional hosting tools"

Now click "Manage" (nearly there)

On this page you can add business details / company information and switch on the hosting tools

Untitled3.png

Thanks Jeff!

Why on earth can't AirBNB provide a link when they want you to comply with some new regulation they just thought up.?  Grrr!

The problem is that I'm not a business. I'm a pensioner supplementing my pathetic pension by taking in guests in my spare room, in Amesbury, Wiltshire.

How did you get round it - or are you a business?

Best wishes

Sam

. . .  or does clicking on "Stop using them [Professional tools]" work? They are saying that my listing won't show up in searches any more 😞

Jeff158
Level 10

@Samantha45 

You advertise as a Private room in bed and breakfast, a bed and breakfast is a business, you need to alter the listing description to Private room in a house.

Thanks Jeff - the minute I picked up your message I got a call from AirBNB and she told me all I had to do was change the listing to something else e.g. "Flat", save it and change it back to "Bed and Breakfast". They don't make things easy, do they!

@Jeff158 

I've noticed that none of the accounts I have seen on the platform that have business details added, appear to have a phone number added, which is part of the EU legal requirements., along with full  name of company representative, business address, email etc Was there an option to add a phone number when you registered?

Jeff158
Level 10

LoL @Susan17  that would create a few offline bookings,  no its not an option with the EU regs, although a phone number is required if you are completing Limited Company info.