Additional Guest Charges NOT Resolved in Resolution Center

Vanessa1275
Level 3
New York, NY

Additional Guest Charges NOT Resolved in Resolution Center

I had a recent guest who only booked for one person but during their stay requested to have an overnight guest. I agreed, advising them of the extra fee per night for having an extra guest. I put my trust in the guest and Airbnb, sending the request through the Resolution Center. The guest played dumb saying they did not see any request, and lied about the number of nights the extra guest stayed. After waiting for the 72 hrs required I escalated the issue to Airbnb. I waited 18 days for a case manager to be assigned to my case. I missed the email by mistake, and when I finally saw it the case manager Jose was threatening to  to close by case in 48 hrs if I did not respond. I sent them the Ring Video Recordings I have, showing the extra guest coming in on 2 nights. He then emails to say that " extra guest fee was not stipulated in your listing". I asked him to send me a record of where he is seeing this, because  have it listed on my listing and if a guest books for 2 people they can see the increase in price per night. I asked him to call me immediately to get this resolved. He refused to provide me any evidence, hung up the phone on me and closed the case with no FAIR Resolution. 

What kind of support is this for hosts? If the guest booked for 1 guest, and you are sharing video recordings of 2 people coming into your home, why would you not agree to have the guest pay. I put my trust on this platform to get involved and come to a FAIR resolution. Airbnb  did not even bother reaching out to the guest, or take any action against them for bringing an unauthorized person. From my experience recently, Airbnb is only worrying about guests and doesn't care about the effects their decisions have on hosts. We have no to suffer, receive no support and have to reassurances to hosting on this platform.

Has anyone else experienced issues with additional guests not paying? How did you get it resolved?

5 Replies 5
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

For starters, unfortunately you were dealing with a hustler. As for Airbnb, all this should tell you that you should do everything in your power not to get Airbnb in your affairs outside  getting a booking via them. You be happier and they be absolutely thrilled.

yea, you should do everything in your power.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Vanessa1275  Sorry about what happened and CS "help" is abysmal. 

Your error was in "putting my trust in the guest and Airbnb". It's a business deal, not a matter for "trust". In the future, wait until the guest visibly accepts the extra charges before allowing them to admit any extra people to the unit.

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Vanessa1275,

I'm sorry to hear about this situation and I appreciate your frustration regarding the wait time.

I have checked on the issue internally and I was informed that your inquiries have been merged and that you've currently got one open case.

I'd advise you to please bear with the team a little longer. They are working on it and will get back to you as soon as possible.

I hope this helps. Please do let me know if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,

Liv

Hello,

Resolution center only help GUESTS, not HOSTS, bah... for Airbnb Hosts/SUPERHOST/AIRBNBPLUS

We have two apartments in Tulum, my apartment that is AirbnbPlus for years has two nice cruise bikes, one of my guest who tried to cancel the reservation but I kept the Strict Policy, was very upset about not allowing them cancelled without the penalties. They rented for a month, the first 15 days it was a nightmare of demanding different things... the night 15 her boyfriend got drunk and lost the bike, our security guy noticed the bike wasn't in the rack and asked her about it. She said that "3 guys in a truck attacked her brown boyfriend and stole from him a dusty old bike" (her words) .... I wrote in the HOUSE MANUAL years ago that if the bike is damage, stolen or lost the guest has to paid 500 dollars, she obviously declined but Airbnb requested ME to go to the police to make a police report?????????  and denied to pay me the bike!!!!!

NEVER FELT SO FRUSTRATED WITH AIRBNB