Additional Guests that were not counted for on the reservation

Meredith12
Level 1
Boulder, CO

Additional Guests that were not counted for on the reservation

I came back to the apartment I rent to find 5 or 6 young people leaving, rather than the 2 who made the reservation.  Can I be compensated for the additional guests?

2 Replies 2
Peggy7
Level 3
Ringgold, GA

Meredith

You can call Airbnb and let them know that you wan them to contact the official guests and ask them all to leave. Bnb has a policy against guests bringing more than are listed in the rexervation. They should not be able to get any refund.

If they have already left then you have learned a very valuable lesson. You may not get any compensation but send them a request on the resolution center for the additional guests. 

Most importantly, make sure that you change your house rules to include language that will allow you to let the guests know up front that this is not allowed and that it will result in a cancellation of their reservation and that they will be entitled to no refund. 

Bob

If your policies include a fee for each additional guest, in my experience, airbnb will enforce this.

I had a family of 4 make a reservation.  they asked if one additional person could come, i was reluctant but it was a spouse so I said ok and did not charge a fee.  then they asked if 3 more people could come.  sorry, the place just cannot hold that many people.  the guest said ok, I've booked another property nearby we will spread the family out between the 2 locations.

after they checked out, my neighbors said they counted at least 8 people.  so they lied.  I wrote all of this up and requested a resolution with the full fee for the extra people.  to my surprise, the guest agreed to pay the fee and apologized.  The payout was sent to my account that same day.  I chose not to mention this in my review, since it all worked out and I felt that the guest had done the right thing.