Advice on listing photographs

Anne1036
Level 5
Ballinakill, Ireland

Advice on listing photographs

Hi All,

I would really appreciate getting some advice on how best to show potential guests what our home looks like when they view our listing. Many of our guests comment that our photogaphs do not do the place justice.

We live in a rural location with a trickle of guests so our earnings from airbnb do not really justify spending on a professional photographer. I wonder could any of you with experience, talent or interest in this area give me some suggestions on how best to optomise my smart phone pictures.

Thank you for taking the time to read this,

Anne 

2 Replies 2
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Anne1036 Some of your photos seem a bit blurry so firstly focus on taking clear pictures of the whole rooms as well as the details. Next, there are many apps for smartphones which are great for editing, like Lightroom and Vsco so maybe download them and edit your photosto bring out the brightness and colours. Lightroom has great tools and if you are not very skilled with these apps it has also an automatic edit that will edit the photo to best show everything in it. Also focus on the angles, it is very important to know what to accentuate in a photo. There are many videos on YouTube that show how to optimize a photo. 

@Ana1136  Thank you for taking the time to reply. I will check out Lightroom and Vsco as you suggest, I especially like the idea of the auto edit feature - I suspect it was created for people like me 😉