Airbnb Experience Rejection

Emek0
Level 2
Helsinki, Finland

Airbnb Experience Rejection

I submitted my experience draft. Before submitting, I checked others; Copenhagen, Stockholm, Oslo, Barcelona, Bruges. I am a tour guide and I am planning to do walking tours. I created my experience, added details, etc. and did everything professionally as this is also my job. I got rejected after 2 days! The reason given is that "where we'll be" and "what we'll do" sections of my application do not meet their criteria and "anyone can go to a popular landmark using a simple internet search". I have to say that their excuse is valid for thousands of experiences approved by them months ago, but not mine. I read more than 100 examples today and each and every one talks superficially about where they will visit or just give names of neighborhoods, attractions or streets. The majority of those sections are consisting of only one sentence; they do not mention why people should book their experiences and what makes their tour special. But they are all approved. I cannot understand why my application is rejected and cannot believe the lame excuse for that. Moreover, when I tried to contact Airbnb to ask about their rejection, their reasons, the examples I provide etc. they just ignored it. I got "This support case is now closed. You can no longer reply to this thread. If you need additional help, you can always visit our Help Center" message. This case is not even opened yet, how can they close it? I don’t get it. What do you think I should do? Are there any other people who had similar experience?

I'd like to show them that there are countless, maybe thousands of experiences created by hosts that do not meet Airbnb criteria but still approved by them?

5 Replies 5
Valeriya6
Level 2
Geneva, Switzerland

Hello

Did you finally resolve your problem?

I have the same situation and Airbnb does not explain the reason of the refusal.

Thanks 

Heather64
Level 5
Palm Coast, FL

Me too. It's a terrible business decision to keep the reason for the rejection a secret. We are all in this together. My success is Airbnb's success. Very frustrating. Very disappointing. 

I called airbnb and they helped me with what the issues was and told me to resubmit.  I made the changes and am now trying to figure out how to resubmit.  But my point is they helped me with what the issue was.  

Hi Vicky, that’s reassuring! Would you please let me know which number you called? I have been trying to find an appropriate one with no luck. Aloha!

Patricia2719
Level 2
London, GB

I had the same problem. They would tell me to change to location twice and then they just declined without any explanation. I am just moving to another website where my services are valued. I have seen here very crap experiences hosted by people you can tell they are not professional and I wonder how they got approved?