Airbnb Plus woes

Sarah1349
Level 3
Charlotte, NC

Airbnb Plus woes

After completing my fixes for Plus in December, and a TON of e-mails begging for them to finalize my listing, I finally got upgraded to plus in early March. I was so eager to get in that I didn't critically review all of my photos and now I'm finding several of them problematic; they don't seem to be edited to Plus standards, or really any professional photographer standards. It seems my bookings have only slowed down since entering Plus which obviously should not be the case, so I can't help but think it is these photos. 

When I tried to change my cover photo, the website was glitchy and wouldn't allow it. Since then, they've added a button that allows you to "request a cover photo change." They just sent me my "new options," but despite being very clear several times, my problematic photos remain. (For instance, one of the living room shots has a bunch of cords exposed that we hid for the pictures, and the pillow looks slumped over - I think this was just a test shot, as the photographer sends the whole bundle to Airbnb to pick and edit.) 

I hate not having control over my listing, and even worse, not having any access to customer service anymore. I first requested this change on March 7th. They've now provided me with my "options" almost a full month later. I've yet to actually speak to someone from the Plus team, though I've opened and closed two Superhost support cases in desperation. They were unable to help me because the Plus team alone controls this. 

Is anyone else having an awful time with Plus support? Please submit your feedback if so. I'm using every channel available to submit mine. If this keeps up I may have to leave the program. 

15 Replies 15
HOST-Palm-Springs0
Level 2
Palm Springs, CA

I spent about a month going back and forth with Airbnb trying to get one of my 20 properties listed a a Plus property, and regret every moment of it! I thought it would help the listings stand out as most of my listings are luxury homes and thought this would highlight that, but the process was a huge waste of time. 

First, I can't understand why they insist on doing the whole process by email and photos taken by someone (admittedly a nice guy, but) that doesn't really understand design, aesthetic, local custom, etc. The responses I got from Airbnb with requests to fix things were comical and senseless. After a few rounds of back and forth with a faceless person on the other side of the computer screen telling me that I needed more knick knacks in a minimalist mid-century home, I gave up. I am glad to hear that the choice was probably wise. 

In 2012, when I started with Airbnb I was convinced that it was the future of booking vacation rentals and became a full on fan boy. Not so much anymore. I could not be more dissatisfied with everything they do. They seem to be on a crusade to please guests and have forgotten about hosts. Without hosts, ABB is not going to exist. From horrible responses to damage, resolutions (good luck even finding the resolutions page!) to their inept and now horrible customer service at the case manager/resolution level, it is prime time for the other platforms to make a comeback. Go "V"!