Airbnb calendar sync issue with Homeaway cancellations

Airbnb calendar sync issue with Homeaway cancellations

I have my Airbnb and Homeaway calendars synced and have not had any issues with it regarding reservations.  When someone books on Homeaway it blocks off my Airbnb calendar and vise versa. However today I am having a problem with the calendars syncing a cancellation.  Someone cancelled a homeaway reservation and the dates were then marked availible on my homeaway calendar, but that did not sync over to my Airbnb calendar.

Yes I know I can manually unblock the dates, but that defeats the purpose of syncing calendars so that it is done automatically.  I called Airbnb and they pointed the finger at Homeaway. They said that Airbnb syncs thier calendars every 2 hours. I am now at 8 hours past the cancellation and still the calendar has not updated. I called Homeaway and they said it updated fine on the Homeaway calendar so the problem is with Airbnb.  Which I agree with.

I think the problem is with the way Airbnb blocks the dates.  When I have an Airbnb reservation, that reservation shows up on my Homeaway calendar as an Airbnb reservation.  But when I have a Homeaway reservation, the dates are simply blocked on my Airbnb calendar. No different than me going in a blocking them myself.

What is the fix here so that the Homeaway cancellations automatically get updated in the Airbnb calendar???

2 Replies 2
Aleksejs1
Level 2
Roseville, CA

Airbnb and Homeaway are really good in selling your rooms. But when it comes to the integration they are not so precise. I've got the same problems before and completely forgot about them since I switched to channel manager to sync my inventory across  Arribnb, Homeaway, Booking and Agoda. 
For the price of cappuccino (5$) per month, all my troubles gone.

Fiona542
Level 2
Crowborough, United Kingdom

Which channel manager did you find ? Thanks