Airbnb cannot find my address, how do I fix it?

Answered!
Andriana0
Level 1
Limassol, Cyprus

Airbnb cannot find my address, how do I fix it?

Hi, I have a few properties listed in Cyprus and have just added a new house. Airbnb does not recognise the address even though I have the street name, postal code etc and have already listed another property near by. The only way I could move forward with my listing was to "accept" an Airbnb suggested address (same street name, different area) and then manually move the location on the map. So now of course the property listing is not accurate which is not going to help people to find it...any idea how I can change this/ contact Airbnb to correct?

1 Best Answer
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

You need to find the exact GPS co-ordinates, then contact airbnb for assistance.

View Best Answer in original post

14 Replies 14

I have the same problem. The airbnb site autoselected an address when I typed in my address and I cannot change it. When I try to edit it from the Manage My Listing under Location, it is greyed out and does not allow me to edit. The pin on the map is also in the incorrect loaction and my guests will not be able to ascertain the proper location. This has alsready caused some confusion for guests who booked and discovered that the location they thought it was at was no where near where the map showed it to be. How do I edit the address when it is greyed out. I do not want to have to set up a new listing. Many thanks

I have a similar problem. The postcode for the address of my house is shared by two nearby towns - one is more well known as a distination than the other. The listing automatically choses the town which is less well known and not the one I use generally. I am concerned that people wont be able to find the listing and I am unable to manually change the address, as the address fields are greyed out!

Nicola122
Level 1
Arcadia, CA

I have the same problem and It wont move the pin to the right location, i can do it on my app but once  i move it it says i am not authurised and wont save it? please help me

Brendan52
Level 1
Magherafelt, United Kingdom

Me too, it won't recognise my address in Northern Ireland for my listing,  though it did verify it for checks!  My bank, government, Google!!!!! all recognise my address and house but not A/B it has caused me difficulties as well.  Google and GSuite are better at responding to this- and they are bigger! Poor show A/B!!

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

You need to find the exact GPS co-ordinates, then contact airbnb for assistance.

Blair13
Level 2
London, GB

I have the same problem. I have 2 listings in the same building in London and have just added a third. When I add the address, it defaults to just the street name and won't 'stick' no mater how many times I change it back. It says it can't find the address and to move the pin to the exact spot, however the pin does not move. I've tried opening in 3 different browsers to see if that helps but no. The 'save' button is greyed out, so I can't save. I don't understand this since it's the exact same address as my other previous listings.

I have same issue. Many have. Airbnb ask us to report. We are doing it but they cannot reply. I'm not asking them a personal reply. They can give an answer to all and give us the solution. If issue persists and no assistance is given I'm leaving the site. To be able to provide accurate location is essential. If they don't care to support, I'm not listing and they are NOT getting any fees from me.

An angry customer.

Anyone found a solution to this yet? 

I cant keep contacting AirBNB to sort this!

Who can tell me how to edit map and error correction.

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Lemy0 Clicking the link below will take you to a post explaining what you have to do

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/changing-map-location/m-p/822727#M198546

Jess3516
Level 1
Keighley, United Kingdom

Thanks ,this is really helpful

Alison132
Level 2
Milldale, United Kingdom

Yes, my property is now 7 miles from where people think it is.  Tried to get the GPS coordinates and I have moved the pin on the map to the correct spot but it's going to confuse guests.  Really annoying.  

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

We have same issue, Airbnb says we're located 3km away from where we are, and initially, guests always got lost.

But I resolved it by putting (in all caps) a statement in the "directions" section that tells guests NOT to use Airbnb links, and just use the supplied Google Maps link. It works fine (now). 

Airbnb should stop trying to create their own address system and just use Google Maps links. Everybody already has it, and it works. No confusion. 

It is simply really......I gave up and went with a decent booking system that recognises my address. This stuff is basic and AirBnB is crap and I really do not have the time to waste on a totally crap system.