Airbnb doesn’t support hosts

Tanya300
Level 1
Orlando, FL

Airbnb doesn’t support hosts

I have multiple properties on AirBNB and 235 reviews 4.8 star overall rating

one of the guests checked in and at 10pm sent me a picture of a dead palmetto bug/roach. I have regular pest control done at the houses, but the property is located in central Florida. Bugs can get in but they die because of pest control. I told them I’d get pest control out early in the morning. 
At 10:30 pm I got a call from Airbnb case manager saying the guests are leaving, they are giving them a full refund, I violated hospitality standards. 
I tried to explain to the lady that it’s Florida, we do pest control, etc. she could see my conversation with the guests. But she just did not care and spoke as if though where she lives bugs either do not exist or they don’t ever get into the house

i tried to ask her why is it that I am not even given an opportunity to do anything, and she just said that as a favor to me they will waive cancellation penalty. Guests cannot be forced to stay in a home and as per Airbnb policy they are getting a full refund. 

where is My protection? If it wasn’t for hosts, Airbnb wouldn’t even have anything to advertise. 
I don’t understand how they can be so one sided and have reps that don’t give a **bleep**. 
someone can lie about an issue and Airbnb will give them a refund. How come we don’t get a chance to either fix the problem or prove that guests are lying?

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Tanya300 

Welcome to the world of Airbnb Customer (no)Service !

There is one dead insect, as a Superhost you "violated hospitality standards".

Maybe best to give it a laugh and move on.

What else can you do ?

The good news is: this guest is out of your house,  it saves you time kicking them out.

"violation of hospitality standards"  :>)

Best regards,

Emiel

Is there a central place where hosts can gather and demand better support?

We have a few properties, 500 nights booked in just the last year and have been hosting for years. Every time we have an issue, Airbnb refuses to help.  There is no business without us hosts, and Airbnb seems to not care. 

there has to be a better way…

Yui-Hei0
Level 3
Honolulu, HI

It is very rare that Airbnb's support sides with us. I have asked them several times what support Airbnb can give on the host's end, as we have several cases where they always take the side of the guests. They just told me that they were being fair with their decision. But I would also commend some support that successfully resolved some of our cases.