Airbnb help sucks

Sasha1
Level 3
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Airbnb help sucks

Why does Airbnb hide their customer service representatives and make it so hard for hosts to get the help they need?

I was promised a voucher when I signed up to Business Airbnb and nothing has come through yet. I doubt that this is something someone from the community can help me with...

36 Replies 36

Hi @Sasha1,

I understand your frustration. Some big companies do it when they don't have a sufficiently large team to handle customer queries, others do it to promote users to make use of resources to fetch help for themselves making use of Online Resources. I'm not sure why Airbnb does it, but if you search for "Contact Airbnb" in the big search box above, you'll find an important Community Center Guide that'll help you get in touch with Airbnb.

All the best 🙂

Jeet

Sasha1
Level 3
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Thanks Jeet, but this doesn't work. I'm simply lead through a series of useless topic options and suggestions (all of which are irrelevant to my question) that end up asking me to "post to the community." So effectively, Airbnb is shirking its responsibility. Very annoying for a company this size.

Sasha1
Level 3
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Thanks.

James346
Level 3
Amsterdam, Netherlands

**bleep** YOU! Just give us a **bleep**ing phone number and hire a few more of your dtarving fellow citizens to answer the phones!!

I agree with you on everything you say, it's rediculous that we can't just fire off an email to explain a problem. I have also experienced the usual usless topic options that pop up with nothing relevant to my question. They want to take our money but don't want to deal with us.  

James346
Level 3
Amsterdam, Netherlands

AirBnB DOES NOT GIVE A GOOD GOD **bleep** about YOUR "inconvenience". THEY SUCK!!!

Momi0
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

hi @Sasha1

I wish you wouldn't use words like that to describe what I believe has been one of the best "Customer Service" oriented companies to date.  (and I have dealt with alot of other companies in my 50 years on this planet).  

Can I ask why you didn't  just search on your profile for the 24 hour Toll Free number to call a service Representative to help you with this instead of posting this concern?  They are the kindest nicest people I have encountered with any issues i have had in the last 8  months as a host.   They have solved many concerns or issues for me within minutes, sometimes taking a day. But it always gets resolved.

Hopefully @Jeet0 and I have provided some insight into what you can do in the future, but please try not to post things attacking the very company that allows you to advertise on their site 365 days a year whether you get a booking or not.  Just some feedback from a Superhost.  

If you need the number for your area...all you have to do is type that question in the search bar, and it will come up.  Its that easy.  

and from the looks of things, it seems that SEVERAL of us were able to help you. 

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Sasha1
Level 3
Amsterdam, Netherlands

I don't know if you've checked the site recently Momi but phone numbers are buried deep and next to impossible to find - and your suggestion of typing it in to the search bar doesn't work. I've been a (super)host with Airbnb since 2013 and have had mostly good experiences with customer service, but now it's becoming increasingly obscure and hard to get - you have to jump over a number of hurdles to reach someone (if you can reach them at all). And all of this is by design, I might add. Airbnb would prefer it if you didn't bother them. Instead it puts the onus on its community to provide - for free - the customer service it should be providing. Doesn't that seem strange for a company valued at $25B?

I still don't have a definitive answer on this but will keep trying.

Airbnb help doesnt suck, its just hard to contact them in the first place when its not SOS situation cause you always get a phone number in the booking for a phone call to them. They seem to prefer phone calls than emails and chats. They used to have a chat widget in older times and i used it many times to clarify things with them but they removed it now and I think it makes sense from their point of view. 

They stress that community members help each other as unlike other hosting networks they want to be seen as a community foremost and not as a business in hotel services. I think that they are right in this aspect too, they try to remain true to their original make up and purpose.

You're an idiot. Their system is so horrible.. when you have issues with their stupid authentication photo process (multiple devices) or getting accounts mixed up you'll freaking understand our frustration.

James346
Level 3
Amsterdam, Netherlands

If they don't step up and stop blaming their customers and potential customers, they will be worth ZERO in 5 more years.

CHANGE or DIE!

James346
Level 3
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Why in Gods name should it be up to YOU to "keep trying" ? That's THEIR job.

BUT... they would rather blame you and your inadequecy.

The IRS gives better customer service. By a LONG shot!

Jim McG

James346
Level 3
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Number one. I have tried , and tried and BLEEPING well tried. And I am NOT in Amsterdam (oops, I mean darn. Don't want to offend anybody). That is the heart of the problem. My account was hacked, due to AirBnB's LOUSY security, and ever since then I am Jim from Amsterdarn, when in fact I live in Vermont USA. And if it weren't for my CC company, I would have been out over $2000 thanks to AIraBnB.

Jim