Airbnb iOS app flaky badge

Markus29
Level 1
Lafayette, CO

Airbnb iOS app flaky badge

Has any other host run into flakiness and problems with the iOS AIrbnb app, doing any of the following.
(My host profile has notifications on via SMS text, via Airbnb iOS app, and via email)

1. Messages for reservations and inquiries come in, but the AIrbnb app does not show a badge
2. Messages for reservations and inquires come in but do not cause the Airbnb app to add a notification to my iPhone
3. Messages are delayed sometimes by minutes, sometimes by hours showing up inthe Airbnb app, while
   SMS texts and emails for those messages arrive fine and in a timely manner

I have started telling my guests (after check-in) to text me directly on my iPhone rather than use the Airbnb messaging system, because it is so unreliable. I've also had to apaologize to prospective guests with reservations that need approval, or inquiries with questions, that I did not get notified by Airbnb of their message(s).
This only started in the last 4 or 5 months.

Markus

1 Reply 1
Chewy1
Level 2
Pāhoa, HI

I, too have been experiencing the following...

1.   Messages for reservations and inquiries come in, but the AIrbnb app does not show a badge

3.  Messages are delayed sometimes by minutes, sometimes by hours showing up inthe Airbnb app, while
   SMS texts and emails for those messages arrive fine and in a timely manner

I spent a bunch of time on the phone with Apple AND Airbnb and neither solved my issue.  

Obviously all my settings are set to ON for notifications, but still nothing.  

So, what do we do now?!