Airbnb is blocking internal links

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Airbnb is blocking internal links

I noticed recently Airbnb is blocking links to their own website.

When having more then 1 listing, it was a nice feature to put the direct link to your homepage (or to a second listing) in the description of a listing, so guests could see you have other listings as well. It works fine until now

Now my homepage shows as:

https://www.airbnb.com/users/ (Phone number hidden by Airbnb) /listings

Thank you Airbnb programmer, you did a wonderfull job !

8 Replies 8
Donna519
Level 4
Bali, Indonesia

Hi Emiel1,

I totally agree with you and have noted also this new "issue" - we also manage a lot of listings and the fact that Airbnb blocks its own url is utterly dum - it's like shooting a bullet in your own foot!

We will most certainly approach this issue at the next seminar we attend.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Emiel1 ,

Thanks for sharing this issue - I've pass it over to the tech team to take a look, certainly doesn't seem right...

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya again @Emiel1 ,

So I have discovered that this is by design. The only links that work now are you vanity URLS (abnb.me) and links to the Help Center. 

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi @Stephanie @Donna519 

The homepage of a host is called by Airbnb "your personal marketing page", it contains all the listings, some reviews, a coverphoto and some more info.

I can not find the possibility to create an "Abnb.me" URL for the homepage (on the website).

But would be happy if you share the information here how to do it.

BTW  I reported the issue also by myself to Airbnb. I think it is rather strange providing a homepage to hosts and then all of the sudden block the URL of this page in listings.

I would even suggest the homepage of a host is added by default (or at least as an option) to any listing !

Kind regards,

Emiel

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Emiel1 ,

Certainly, here's the steps:

1. Go to “Listings” in your Airbnb App or on the Airbnb site

2. Click on the listing for which you’d like to create a custom link

3.  Scroll down past the photos and location sections to “Custom Link” and click the 'Edit' button.

4. Click on that to create or update your link.

The change implemented is to minimise the scam/fraud listings and was rolled out a few days ago.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

@Stephanie 
Unfortunately, as I vaguely recall, that Custom Link is only available to Super Hosts, and which I will NEVER attain due to my very limited availability after my other existing customers are booked for my summer season which is the only time I am open.

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

I'm always shocked at the amount of (Blocked by ABB) links I see within various Host's listings.

Examples: their other abb listing

their city permit number

some other detail that requires enough numbers for ABB to think it is a phone number

saying what kind of internet connection they have

ABB once blocked text out of a review that a guest left on our page. She had included an ellipses... the horror

Donna519
Level 4
Bali, Indonesia

Agreed with Stephanie - it is from your "edit listing" page that you can create your personal URL for your listings, avoiding numbers, therefore to be blocked by Airbnb.

Also relevant to this post:

Why was text removed from my Airbnb message thread?

Review our custom link policy

Happy Hosting