Airbnb is pushing me to lower and keep lowering my prices!

Tania-and-Andrew0
Level 10
Cancún, Mexico

Airbnb is pushing me to lower and keep lowering my prices!

I keep seeing messages of similar topics and it worries me even more. I, as many hosts, am constantly pushed by Airbnb to lower my prices and I can see that the algorythm is already "punishing" hosts who do not listen. I have smart price on but still it keeps suggesting that my prices go lower. Listening to Airbnb I ended up having crummy cheap guests that have no respect for our home and, also, ended up losing money. Our listin is in Cancun (a humid and hot place). So when guests are home they blast the A/C. Eventough we make a point to ask them to not have it on most of the time, that the room is small and can be kept cool for a long time without having the A/C actually on or recommend the "optimal temperature" this is not done.

We offer a private room and bathroom in a beautiful home that even has a pool in downtown Cancun a few minutes (by bus/car) from the beach and Airbnb keeps pushing me to go to 10 USD A NIGHT. In my area there are like 5 hostals, they don't even charge that PER BED in an 8 bed shared room.

More and more often we have noticed how our bookings and inquiries have been going down, eventhough we have everything that Airbnb requires to "be noticed": we are superhosts and have smart pricing.

I know that it is my choice to listen to the algorythm or Aribnb's robot, but, if not listening to it punishes our possibility to be booked then it's more a demand than a price suggestion.

Have any of you noticed something similar in their listings?

1 Reply 1
Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

Can you describe in what way you are being 'punished'? That's the only part I don't understand. Like many hosts here, I myself ignore all of the pricing suggestions, and even raise my prices when I get these 'helpful hints' (just for fun - And I still get booked - works out well!) - And I don't see any evidence that I am being punished for this. So just curious about that part of your post, as it wasn't clear.