Airbnb messing up almost all payments

Anna67
Level 3
Bali, Indonesia

Airbnb messing up almost all payments

Hi, 

Is anybody else receiving wrong payments, delayed payments, payments released 3 times to be deducted 6 times at the moment? There are thousands missing and its a nightmare sorting through it all as they have released and deducted at least 20 payments (that i found so far) and not in one time. They will release a part, deduct another part in another time, then release the same payment twice again, just to deduct it the next day again by half a quarter or whatever those monkeys felt appropriate to steal from me. This with multiple payments over the course of a month. I have about 5-8 transactions per booking, for multiple bookings and the total is still incorrect! Imagine the fun im having trying to sort through all of it?

They have messed up before but what is going on now is a joke. They say theyre working on it, but nothing is happening. Every time i sent a message for help when they messed up yet another payment they just close the case and dont even bother to answer! Is there anything i can do? I know airbnb is extremely host-unfriendly but this is outrageous. I have co-hosts also, I dont even know where to start to solve this absolute payment disaster. Is there a company who could help me get the money they owe me? 

I spend a full day today on this and still have only calculated a part of the disaster, and even if I message what I have missing they will ignore me anyway, so whats the point? 

If anybody has an idea how to make airbnb stop treating hosts like garbage, do share. Can somebody please start a new host-friendly booking site :)? Sick and tired of dealing with their horrible system, glitches and stupid rules... Rant over. 

5 Replies 5
Doris104
Level 2
Meaford, Canada

Hi Anna67 I too had trouble with receiving payouts from Air bnb for six weeks and my amount to be paid to me was over $2,500.00. ( I finally did get a lump sum payment). They told me I had to change my banking information to another account which I did after much frustration, my question to them was “WHY” was this happening that they could not all of a sudden give me my money. Their answer “ I don’t know but let’s hope this works now. 
My suggestion would be since they are giving you such a runaround tell them that you will contact Marketplace or W5 which is a investigative informative TV platform that digs into consumer and or customer complaints, It’s worth a shot anyways- good luck to you.

Thank you very much, I dont think the issue is the banking information as I am receiving other payments. I will consider Marketplace or W5 as its been weeks as its not resolved and they close the case on me again without a reply..Thanks again, will be some trouble but maybe they will finally be held accountable? (wish full thinking...) 

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

Ah it's that time of year again... coming to the end of Q4. This time last year, we had 23000 Australian hosts being left for up to 2 months without their payouts, closely followed by the debacle that saw countless host payments, erroneously being deposited in the wrong accounts. And of course, that's not counting the thousands of host payouts worldwide that are delayed/missing in action, at any given moment in time. 

If ever there was a company in dire need of a global financial audit, Airbnb is it. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Susan17 

I don't know if it was 23,000 Australian hosts Susan, but I do know it was 32,000 unprocessed transactions!

You know Susan, we never received an explanation for that. Not at any point since the 27th October 2018 have we received an apology, an explanation....we were simply told to update our payout method, and when payouts did start coming min November, they were issues to our original payout method.....the one we were told to update!

I do have a theory why this happened but it is just an idea of mine, nothing more. That payout fiasco did not happen anywhere outside Australia and about the same time it all blew up here we received another email from Airbnb stating that they were now required to file share Australian hosts information with the ATO (The Australian Taxation Office)!

My theory is that the computer system that controls the Australian branch of the company did not have the capacity to comply with the ATO's demands and attend to general housekeeping, and as such hosting payouts were put on hold until the ATO's demands were satisfied! 

I may be entirely wrong, but it seems logical.

Susan, I am sorry I doubted your rationale last year, I thought you were being a bit over the top, but I now have to admit, there is a lot of logic in what you are saying.

I should know better than to ever doubt a woman!!!!

Cheers.......Rob

Hi just wondering if you have received ur payout?

how did u solve it? 
im having similar issue.Almost 2 weeks now. Seems like airbnb refuses to provide any proof that payout is being released.

call my bank no transaction has been whatsoever. This is on airbnb’s end.