Answering your guests' questions

Answering your guests' questions

Looking to become an Airbnb host, but I am worried about how much time it might take excluding cleanning and maintenance work.

Curious about your experience about this. Do your guests message you often? If so, how much time roughly do you spend responding to them per week? What are the common questions from your guests? Things around the house/local recommendations/help with getting around?

1 Reply 1
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Some guests need a lot of answers, others none at all. You can make ready-to-use saved answers to send out. Can be questions such as how to get there, what to do, what the house rules and expectations are. You will soon get an idea of what they need to know. A good thing is to make your listing as clear as possible, Gordon in London (if you are seeing this, Gordon, do you want to add a link to your outstanding  listing?) has an excellent example of how to show what needs to be showed so as to remove the need for many questions. He has pictures of his FAQs, his iron , whatever needs to be shown. Like an IKEA manual for the reading inpaired. Many guests do not read the listing, so showing is better than telling.

It also depends on if you are short term or long term, they have different needs. My guests are short term, other hosts will have a different experience. My guests rarely ask anything, but it happens. Such as ''what is the most romantic spot for a proposal?'' ''Will we be warm enough?'' ''How far is it from...?" ''Will we be the only guests in the house?"

But yes, it all takes time, and mostly it happens in the evening when you have just made dinner because that is when guests have time to consider accommodation. I don't listen to my phone after bedtime as people will contact me in the middle of the night as they live in another timezone (or planet). Saves my sanity.