Anyone else have a problem with their property not coming up with IB selected in search?

Amy-and-Stephen0
Level 2
Colorado Springs, CO

Anyone else have a problem with their property not coming up with IB selected in search?

We have Instant Book turned on. If you search on our property with IB NOT selected, we come up decently in search results (using a couple other search parameters like # guests and various dates). If you do the same search with IB also selected, we don't come up at all, even when you zoom in all the way on the map. If you keep the original search going but add in IB, we literally disappear from the map. I've tested this in Chrome and FF on my laptop, as well as Safari on my phone. I'm still waiting to hear back from ABB tech support about it, and finding it super annoying we take on the "risk" of using IB and yet don't get the payoff that it works in search!

It's hard to tell when you add IB to the search since the map jumps/zooms out a bit, but I'm pretty sure other properties around us disappear as well.

Our listing: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/35164366

2 Replies 2
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Amy-and-Stephen0 Here is a tutorial on the subject,

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tutorials/Searching-for-your-Instant-Book-Listing/m-p/38935...

I've had IB on since I started hosting, and recently disabled it for a while to compare. I definitely had a drop in placement and views with it off. I prefer IB because of the ability to set set the extra requirements for guests, among the other things.  Although it does rub me the wrong way that ABB manipulates the situation to push IB. I think hosts should be able to set the same requirements whether one chooses IB or not.

Amy-and-Stephen0
Level 2
Colorado Springs, CO

Wow, interesting. It actually makes sense the reasoning. I don’t know that I agree with it, but there’s actually some logic there. Thanks for passing this info on. I was still waiting to hear back from customer support... 😄