Anyone else having touble logging in?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Anyone else having touble logging in?

This evening when I tried to log in, desktop version in Chrome, first I got a message on the screen saying "Please choose a valid log-in method" after I had already logged in as usual. When I tried again, I got the falling ice-cream girl, 500 error, saying Oops, this site is currently not available.

I tried a couple more times, same deal.

Logging in with Firefox worked, but Chrome, not at all.

And I've been watching out for a message to verify my account, as many hosts have gotten, but I haven't received such a message yet, so it doesn't have anything to do with that.

12 Replies 12
Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@Sarah977  Yup. I can't use Safari for Mac either. Managed to get to my calendar via Firefox.

Michelle1164
Level 10
Clearwater, KS

@Sarah977 Yes I did as well. On my laptop I was in Firefox and on my phone Safari. I actually ran into problems logging in on my computer last night as well, but thought it was my computer acting up. I cleaned out my cookies and caches and then had no problems logging in, but that didn’t work this evening. Was trying to extend a guests reservation by a week. After a waiting a bit I was finally able to get logged in and extend the reservation. I was about ready to call Airbnb to get their help with the reservation.

“It’s not where you go, it’s who you meet along the way.” Wizard of Oz
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Susan151  Thanks for reply. Somewhat relieved to know it isn't just some screw up with my account. I noticed the shape of the log-in box was different, as well- smaller and narrower. Must be one of their "Let's make useless format changes which are sure to be glitchy for awhile."

Marie82
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

@Sarah977  i had the same this morning on my computer but my phone was working well, very strange and kept happening for hours

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@Sarah977  Seems to be fixed this morning.

@Susan151  Yes, I was able to log in this morning without issue.

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

Error code 500. This morning.

The app was OK.

@Dimitar27 wrote:

Error code 500. This morning.

The app was OK.

An error code is an improvement! We didn't even get that last night.

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Yep @Sarah977 

Was out of action for at least one day for me... yesterday and  two nights.

I sent a tweet to all Airbnb sites, as I couldn’t get a message out, any other way....

So like @Susan151 ,  I was going via my Ipad and my Iphone, through the Airbnb App. with no luck, which uses Safari. It would take me to the Community Centre then when I went to log in, it would take me back to my profile in the App!  

I still can’t access it through Airbnb App on either devices.        ##$@$###

So talk about a catch 22. So safari wasn’t working! Accessed eventually via chrome browser outside the App.

I assumed a number of people were having issues with the site when this popped up!

Check out the image: not many online and NO POSTS?

I’m sure @Lizzie , @Stephanie and @Quincy  would have been busy... or not? Lol.. 

2E0891F1-77AA-478E-81AB-16D5D263F27F.jpeg

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Cathie19 et al,

Thank you for sharing these issues here, even though it's been a nightmare accessing the CC. I have escalated by the case for the CC login as well as the error 500 message for the Airbnb platform. 

If there are any other device details, version number or bug specifics you can share it would help greatly in finding and fixing these issues.

Thanks again for your patiences in this,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

Dear Airbnb Corporate,

STOP MESSING WITH THE PLATFORM!

Kind Regards,

Rebecca181

Yes I am having the same problem. I have used Airbnb on my PC  for hosting for two months with Chrome, and this error message ( "please use valid login method") has started to come up. The first day it happened (last week), was when I had guests due in and needed to send them a message. I was on the phone for an hour and became so angry at the help person as she obviously had no idea, yet kept me on the phone for so long doing things like changing my password and clearing cookies etc. She ended up saying there was a problem with my PC! There should have been a techy available that she could put me through to.

The issue hasn't been resolved, but I can log in 'incognito', and I can log in using the Firefox browser, so these are the methods I'm using now to access my account. Better than not being able to access at all!

I spoke to an IT professional I know briefly yesterday and he said that the company is within it's rights to say the problem lies with my PC, as I guess it does - but you'd think they would have a help desk person in IT who could explain and help with other methods to access the account. I know very little on the technical side, but I had to find these ways of accessing my account myself.