Anyone know what happens when I have to cancel a few reservations that are already booked this month

Anyone know what happens when I have to cancel a few reservations that are already booked this month

Does anyone know how it works if I need to cancel the entire month and already have 3 reservations booked? We are new hosts and have a family emergency where we need to move into out airbnb for possibly 2 months. I did read somewhere that there is a fee? $100?  Any idea how much the fee is? is it per reservation canceled?  if there is a fee how would airbnb charge me for that fee? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

3 Replies 3
Susie111
Level 10
Tasmania, Australia

@Chris1664 

Hi,

I personally would just call Airbnb and explain my situation and let them do the work of cancellation and sending messages to your guests so they can relocate somewhere else.

And hope that Airbnb will not be too hard on you.

I wish you all the best !

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Chris1664   If it's an emergency situation, contact Airbnb and tell them you need to cancel under the extenuating circumstances policy. Hopefully the emergency is something you can document in some way. If under that policy, you won't be fined, it won't go down as a host cancellation. Make sure you pin them down and have that in writing, i.e. Airbnb messaging.

I don't know how much the fine is, they would deduct it from your future bookings. But your guests need to be afforded ample time to make a different booking, rather than get cancelled last minute, so try to sort this out ASAP.

Michelle-And-Michael0
Level 10
Wollongong, Australia

Hi @Chris1664  We had to cancel our very first Airbnb bookings too.... a major water problem in the Studio that needed repairing. I contacted Airbnb and explained the situation and they cancelled the bookings for me. They then asked for photos of the damage so they could assess if we should be fined for the cancellations. Thankfully, we weren't. 

The repairs took 2 months.

Firstly, I would messaged them explaining the urgency of the situation and hopefully someone will get in contact with you asap. This happened to us, and someone phoned us to assist. 

If you're not happy with your response, I would phone your local Airbnb office if you have the number.

Most importantly, Don't cancel the bookings yourself.... let Airbnb do that. 

Best of luck