Anyone with review concerns post lockdown

Clare241
Level 2
Lincoln, United Kingdom

Anyone with review concerns post lockdown

Hi 

I’ve hosted 4 times since re-opening after lockdown and only had one guest leave a review.  BC (Before Coronavirus) I would receive reviews nearly every time.

Have Airbnb stopped reminding guests by email to leave a review?

Should I be concerned?  Will lack of reviews potentially affect my SH status?  I should be OK for October 2020 and January 2021 review periods But due to a long lockdown March 2020 to August 2020 I think I might struggle for the April 2021 SH review, especially if there is another spike and we go back into lockdown.

The only difference to the property since re-opening is that I’ve removed jigsaws and games, asking for all pots to go through the dishwasher (dish washer tablets supplied), Remote controls in ziplock bags and asking guests to strip their beds and place in the laundry bag so I can drop straight off to the laundry.

These measures are in place to protect the guests so that they can feel secure in a clean home but do you think my requests are putting people off from reviewing?

I don’t like to ask for reviews but do other hosts remind their guests?

Many thanks for any advice.

4 Replies 4
Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

Hi @Clare241  I think its probably a coincidence. We are getting the same number of reviews. Some guests just don't leave them and we typically don't review until a guest does. People may also not want others knowing they are traveling-- some may not be quarantining properly, some may even be shamed for travel as many people are convinced that no one should go anywhere until there is a vaccine. So they might be skittish about putting their name out there. I wouldn't worry about it. 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Clare241 

I never ask nor remind a guest to review. It's up to them and if they do not review, i am not concerned.

I heard reviewing is a lot of work (many questions) for a guest. Maybe it is not on peoples mind because of the Coronacrisis. Also as a host i write less reviews then before.

Best regards,

Emiel

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

14 reviews out of a possible 15 for me, in my  Cumbrian homeshare post  lockdown @Clare241 ! -So I agree, with Emiel, your lack of reviews is probably a coincidence!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Clare241  There used to be a Superhost requirement that at least 50% of your guests had to leave a revew, but they did away with that about a year ago (thank goodness- how ridiculous to grade us on someone else's behavior). So don't worry-it won't affect you.