Are the guests interested to receive number of message after reservation?

Matt267
Level 2
Montreal, Canada

Are the guests interested to receive number of message after reservation?

Hi to all hosts. I have a tricky quesiont about are the guests interseted to recive many message after completing reservation?

Because i setted some automated messages that send to guests after completing reservtion shch as:

Welcome message : Is a message that send to guests for self check in instruction

Instruction: Send all of the information about instruction. self check in - Check out - laundry room - parking and ...

hobbies : send the prepared list of resturant, atraction , coffe shops and ...

groceris : send the prepared list of groceris and malls.

check out reminder : send a message one night before their check out to remind them about check out and check out procedure.

extension: if my listing is available for next guests i send e message and offer to them for extend their reservation with good discount.

--------

I am curious do you have any bad expericne from guests that they are not interested to recived many informative messages? and do you have any idea or sugestion?

Best

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Matt267  Yes, it's good to message guests important information. Of course they need to know about check-in procedure, have accurate directions to your place, etc. And they also need to let you know what time they are planning to arrive, etc. And a reminder about check-out time the evening before, is a good idea.

Whether guests want to get these messages or not isn't the point- it's important for you, as a host, to be able to show Airbnb that you have sent all this information to the guest, so they can't claim afterwards that they had no idea when the check-in cut-off was, what the door code was, etc.

What I wouldn't send them is restaurant, shopping recommendations, and so on. You can just have that information in a house manual for them to look at when they arrive, as that info isn't something they need to know ahead of time, and you don't want to overload them with too much information. Keep it simple, because guests tend not to read a lot of stuff thoroughly.

Basha0
Level 10
Penngrove, CA

Hi Matt,

I agree with Sarah in all that she suggested. I would recommend that when you communicate in English with your guests that you spell check so that you come across educated and that no guest holds that against you. This is not meant to insult you! I had to spell check just to write this response!