Attracting remote workers to a rural listing

Ross-and-Karen0
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

Attracting remote workers to a rural listing

I'm interested if anyone has tips on attracting remote workers. E.g. Medical, legal, mining employees who come into an area for 1,2,3 week stays. We are looking for ways to increase weekday bookings.  Our weekends book out 2+ months in advance, we only up to bookings for 3 months in advance but weekdays are less popular.  

Our listing: https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/34218644

I'm clear on how to manage the pricing discounts for longer stays.  What I think i'm looking for is ways to connect with these groups and have the AirBnB listing get on their radar as an option vs local hotels.  Our price is competitive with the hotels.  Our place offers much more to anyone who is looking for home comforts, but doesn't need their bed made each day.

Any thoughts appreciated.  Other ideas to achieve a similar outcome could be 

- How to encourage 3-4 night stays

- How to attract weekday bookings

Thanks

Ross

5 Replies 5
Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Ross-and-Karen0 

hope you are well and your home seems gorgeous.

i would suggest you make the standard minimum stay longer- perhaps 4 nights and for any gaps manually adjust this as to not lose out on any potential stays.

Maybe update the listing to highlight the useful features it contains for hosting professionals. And maybe joining the work collection. 

Thats all I can think of for now! 

Good luck to you.

yadira 🙂

Ross177
Level 1
Surry Hills, Australia

Hi,

I've started playing around with custom minimum stay length related to when different events are happening. Will take a few months to see how that goes 

Thanks for your suggestion. Appreciate the input.

Regards

Ross

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Ross-and-Karen0 

Have you considered sending an email with your listing to the businesses in the area that operate in those areas as they may also appreciate knowing such types of accommodation is available?
Word of mouth goes a long way.

Make sure you include references to those occupations in your listing as they should show up online in general terms to all who use the internet.

All the best.

Thanks Helen,

I'm looking into that but it's not quite clear who to contact exactly.  I don't live in the town the property is located.  Have plans to drop by and ask for the right contacts on my next trip.

I'll update my profile with the keywords as you suggest.  Great suggestion.

Regards

Ross

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Ross-and-Karen0 
Have a look online in the area use related keywords in your searches of Medical places etc.

Ditto maybe check out agencies who work for them.

I know a couple of locals I see from time to time who do fly in fly outs from Auckland but they are in Northern Territory.

All the best