Availability Settings Keep Changing

Rebecca50
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Availability Settings Keep Changing

Hi there,

I normally have my place set at a 2-night minimum, but there are a couple of time spans in my calendar that I've set specific availability settings to change the minimum booking to up to 6 nights.

The problem is that the site/app keeps adding the stipulation that guests must arrive on a Sunday. And no matter how many times I change it to say they can arrive any night, it always switches it back to Sunday! It's driving me crazy!

Does anyone know how to fix this? I feel like I'm losing bookings because of a stupid glitch!

Thanks,

Rebecca

7 Replies 7
SteveandMarnie0
Level 2
Newport News, VA

Same here!

Horatio0
Level 1
South Melbourne, Australia

I have a simliar issue, I have a 2 days advance booking but people can still book same day, Please look into Airbnb.

I am having the same problem suddenly.  I have had two or three requests for same day arrival and I specifically have set it up that one day before and after is to be blocked around a reservation.  I also have the weekend blocked on my calendar and yet I'm getting requests to book that weekend.  What is going on?

I have to then decline which doesn't look good on me and our B&B and affects my record.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Sharon

Dirk-and-Jaq0
Level 2
Seattle, WA

I've noticed that if I make any changes to Availability Settings with the iphone app, it looks fine there - but then if I log in with the full desktop version it has the little check box checked and says guests must arrive on Mondays. So it seems like maybe it's a glitch with the phone app. For those of you who've had this problem, were you using the phone app as well?

I've had the problem of my calendar getting blocked several times over the last year. The first time in this type of instance, airbnb saw that it was blocked on their end but not my calendar and refunded me. The second time a couple people requested dates but asked if the following day was available and I told them it was. They persisted that it wasn't. I looked up the date as a guest and saw it was actually blocked. I emailed airbnb and they wrote that it was opened. I checked and it was then opened back up. I was able to still book that day in the end, so no big deal. This last time it wasn't showing in my calendar, but was blocked if you looked as a guest. I try to book all days in my calendar. I make it a 2 night minimum. When I get within two to three weeks of the date, I change a window of time to a one night minimum. I am constantly in there arranging things to book quickly and updating. I even tried to see if I could lower the price for those specific dates (couldn't do that) and was confused why three days in a row just would not book. My son looked it up as a guest, saw it was blocked. I called airbnb. The phone rep looked and said it was open. We sent a screen shot to the rep from his phone showing it blocked. The rep was confused and looked all throughout the settings to find the reason and sent that info to a case manager to request payment for those three days lost considering I am always booked. Well the "case manager" wrote and said I had checked off Thursday only check ins. I wouldn't have done that. Why didn't the initial phone rep see that? I went in several times and it wasn't like that. The case manager Rob N didn't even bother to respond when I wrote him back confused. He asked if he was seeing things correctly but apparently was being passive aggressive. I wrote back twice before getting a response. He blamed me and jumped to defenses that no one else did it other than me. So sometimes you end up with a "case manager" who is defensive and blames you and then others who are interested in helping hosts in fixing problems that are effecting incomes. It took 6 days for him to email back claiming he had been looking into it and that is why he never responded. In the meantime, by the time I realized what he was talking about and fixed it, 5 days had gone by of me not getting bookings for May. When I went in and saw Thursdays only, I took it off, fixed my minimum to one day for the next MONTH, and then saved it. It put the thursday only check in back in there automatically. I went back in, took it off again without making other changes and it stayed off of there. So apparently it is another new feature that you have to babysit so it doesn't change by itself. Airbnb knows about this glitch but can't admit it because they would have to refund everyone it has happend to. In the meantime, babysit your settings and check the dates as a guest would. 

Emma94
Level 10
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Hosting on Airbnb is a lot of work. You constantly need to be on the look out for unexpected changes whether it is the software or just Airbnb's newly enacted policy (without informing the hosts of course). I check my listings at least once a day to make sure no surprises from Airbnb. Until there's an alternate to Airbnb you just have to put up with them for now.

Bojan38
Level 1
Pula, Croatia

It got worse. Now when u enter those FALSE settings and you want to turn that option off..once you do so..it remains ON!!!