Back to Basics

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Back to Basics

I have noticed a few posts lately from new hosts who have got into trouble by not understanding how to set up 'Pricing', 'Availability' and general description of their listing before they go live. The next thing they know they are in a situation where they have to cancel a confirmed reservation because something was overlooked.

I have spent some time today making a series of help guides that cover the listing and property description, and I hope these can be of use to some of our newer hosts.

To get to your listing editing  page, 'Log-on', slide across to 'Host' and from the drop down option box select....'Listing'

This screenshot is the first page you will see.....

Help Guide 1.png

Once you have set these items and saved them next move to the next page....Booking Settings!

Help guide 2.png

After you have attended to these steps move on to the 'Pricing' page....

Help Guide 3.png

And lastly move on to the 'Availability' page.......

Help Guide 4.png

Now, if you follow these steps, it won't make you a great host, but it will stop you from making an elementary mistake that might cost you a considerable amount of money. 

I hope this can help some of our newer hosts.

Cheers.......Rob

17 Replies 17
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Vanessa803 

That makes us feel great when we are able to pass on tips and ideas that we have gained through experience, and it is doubly nice when people like you Vanessa, take the time to come back here and tell us! That is what makes the CC so rewarding and such a pleasure to be a part of.

Thanks.

Cheers.....Rob

Wow Robin, that's impressive! There's so much to get to grips with when you're just starting out as a host, so putting this together is so helpful (and very kind of you)! There are lots of resources and tons of info out there to help (but it can be a bit of a minefield wading through it all can't it)?! I found this post helpful for a few ideas of useful tools and sources of info: https://www.airbnbtips.com/professional-airbnb-host/

I hope your guide remains easily accessible, it could be useful for so many hosts and potential hosts. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Kate-Mary0 

It's a fact of life, we can always see a better way of doing things once we have done them!

There are parts of that guide that I would like to edit and expand on so they make more sense, and obviously experienced users will say....'you left out this, or that'!

But, Kate Mary it is a guide for beginners....those hosts setting up a listing description for the first time to try and help them understand the meaning and the consequences of editing and preparing each item for listing!  

Hopefully, it will help.... thanks!

Cheers.....Rob