Bed Cost and Quality

Tom937
Level 2
Asheville, NC

Bed Cost and Quality

How much would you generally expect to spend on a King sized bed for a higher-end AirBnB listing? (frame not included, just mattress and boxspring).

Thanks! 

8 Replies 8
Emily487
Level 10
KCMO, MO

@Tom937 

$1,600?

But this is coming from a woman who sometimes has to sleep on the floor because my own bed isn't hard enough... so I clearly set the bar pretty low. 

Tom937
Level 2
Asheville, NC

Ouch. 

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

You can't compare prices this way. The same mattress, that costs 1500$ in the USA, can cost 250$ here. It will be absolutely the same- same materials, same producer, just rebranded. The law of supply and demand. For original Hilton or other "high-end" branded...no one is brave enough to ask.

Veronique271
Level 4
Tucson, AZ

About 900 dollars.

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Tom937 

How long is a piece of string...

We paid $1600, like Emily487.  

We purchased it to see if it was comfortable enough to replace our master bedroom king.

BTW, I use a picture of the bed tag in the listing and feel it is a selling point.  It’s the same kind of mattress used in Crowne Plaza hotels.

Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

@Tom937I believe we paid around $1,400 for our king mattress which is basically middle of the road in the king mattress world. Its not something you want to cut corners on in my opinion. Its a firmer mattress with a 3" foam top. Guests love the bed. Cheap mattresses sag and you end up having to replace them sooner. 

We looked into supplying a Sleep Number bed in our guesthouse as we have one and its the best bed we have ever owned. Being able to have a firm bed or soft bed on demand is a great feature. We may still go this route once we upgrade our own Sleep Number mattress and put the one we currently have in there. We are just unsure if guests will be receptive to this kind of bed.