Bedroom configuration

Tim-and-Maite0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Bedroom configuration

We offer the choice of double or twin beds in a couple of our property's bedrooms and we find ourselves offering these options to every single guest and waiting for their response.

it would be useful if guests could pick their preference at the time of booking but - as far as I know - there doesn't seem to be such an option at the moment?

5 Replies 5
Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Tim-and-Maite0

I too used to offer this choice.  Due to the problems that you have discussed here,  I merely advertise the double. It has made my life easier, and I don't think I've lost much business.

Keep it simple, Maintain a double bed in room and advertise 2 twin beds available WITH ADVANCE NOTICE.

Then keep a good excuse handy, if guests don't comply  with you time constraints. "Sorry the maintainence man got a bad back spasm and we can't set up the twin beds"  

Thank you for your response. 

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Tim-and-Maite0 List the two bedrooms as two separate listings with linked calendars. The guest can then book the bed type they want right off the bat. 

Tim-and-Maite0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I think the question Maite raised above is a really good one and something no doubt many Hosts face.    But to be a bit clearer - we have 3 bedrooms in one property and guests can only rent the entire property [we dont rent rooms].    But we have beds that can be split into twins [for say freinds sharing a room] and kingsize [when joined, for say partners].   Every booking we have the same dailague with guests [via a template message] explaining the bed configuration options and they have to reply with thier choices.  It would be beneficial to both Guest and Host to have the option within the booking process of guests choosing between e.g. DOUBLE / TWIN / or possibly a NOT SURE YET option.

@Cynthia-and-Chris1  I cant see how having seperate listings with linked calanders could work for our situation.   And @Paul154  we want to offer our guests these options to make thier stay as tailored and as suitable as it can be for them  . . . and we dont really want to pass on any made up excuses [i.e. lies] to our guests either ! 

Jyoti26
Level 1
St James, MO

I book airbnb's often.  I look for the opportunity to have a double or twin choice in beds.  However, I cannot search for this.  I have to look at hundreds of places to find, when it seems to me that airbnb could offer this as a search option.