Bolded Statements in Guest Reviews on Listing

Valerie192
Level 10
Inglewood, CA

Bolded Statements in Guest Reviews on Listing

Just caught a new change to our listings. I don't think I would have noticed but I happen to be in the process of booking a vacation for myself to Portugal and am staying at Airbnbs, and I think between yesterday and today a new feature was rolled out.

You will notice on guest reviews that certain sentences are bolded to stand out now.

I don't suppose I am inherently opposed to this new feature, but who or what is deciding what actually gets bolded? What is something gets bolded by Airbnb that I don't want bolded?

Check it out and what do you all think?

4 Replies 4
Valerie192
Level 10
Inglewood, CA

Oh and it looks like it is truncating the front half of some of the longer reviews....So you can't actually see the first part in some. I don't really care for that...

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Hmmmmm  Thanks for the heads up, @Valerie192   All the bolded lines were complimentary to me and my listing.  Can't imagine the bolded sentences are selected by human eye.  Must be some selection criteria.

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Ah yes @Valerie192 same on my listings!

Just looked through the first few pages, looks good and highlights are positive.

I suppose it's algo generated so could end up highlighting something negative or mis-spelt etc but let's see if the feature hangs around for long!

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Yes, I noticed this last night. Reading through, my theory is it highlights value, location, clean, communiction, recommend, will come back, friendly, hospitable.... all standard stuff really.... I can't identify any buzz words which trigger - eg. Sometimes a sentence with the word "friendly" is in bold, but sometimes it is not!. Some of my best reviews have NO bold statements.... whereas some of the blander ones DO! - Ours is not to reason why! 🙂