Booking showing on my calendar in grey - not sure if confirmed

Kay-and-Chris0
Level 2
Llangollen, United Kingdom

Booking showing on my calendar in grey - not sure if confirmed

Hello 

I received a reservation request for tonight, which the guest then withdrew.  I received a message from them with the original request, but there was no button at the top for me to approve or decline.  They then messaged to say that they did actually want to go ahead with the booking, but that my listing was showing as unavailable. 

On my calendar they are showing as if they've booked, but where the colour around their name is usually blue, it's grey.  The 'send special offer' button is there, but if I try and do that for tonight it says the date isn't available.  

Seems like it might be a glitch, as either they should be booked and it's all confirmed, or the date should be available for someone else to book.  I don't want to end up being penalised for not responding to a request, or for them to end up being charged twice. 

If anyone knows how I can fix this that would be great. 

Many thanks

Kay

3 Replies 3
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

If it is a technical glitch you would need to contact airbnb.  

Did you check "my reservations" to see if it is actually there ?  A reservation request usually has "accept" or "decline" only.  Maybe they have sent one inquiry and one reservation request so there is a duplicate ?

Thanks for the reply.  No it's not showing on 'Your reservations' - very strange that **bleep** is however showing on my calendar and that the date is no longer available!

Thanks

Kay 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you have a confirmed booking, you will have received a notification from BNB to say that this is the case.

If you haven't you need to act quickly, as the booking is for tonight.

Give BNB a call now - the number is listed here numerous times if you don't have it. Just use the search function.

Ask them if there is a confirmed booking and if the guest has paid.