Breaking house rules

Cindy443
Level 2
Omaha, NE

Breaking house rules

Hello,  im  about 2 months in to Hosting in my homes basement apartment and I have a couple of concerns.  1) allowing guests to bring their pets, but pet is either scratching off my door or pet owner is dropping the pets "leavings" in the apartment trash can that's located in the kitchen. I feel common sense should have kicked in on both parts...

2) a guest checked in today that actually booked about 2 weeks ago and after check in he lets me know that besides his fiance coming along that his brother has decided to come along too, but now it turns out that  the person who rented my Airbnb is not the person staying in it; it's the brother.  I'm feeling uneasy about this person and I feel misinformed about who would actually be staying here and now this person has a key to my home; where I, my daughter and grandson also live. I'm feeling uneasy and distrust.  I feel when you book in a guest and you communicate with them that you developed a repour/ relationship with that person and now "that" person is not "the" person staying in my apartment and he doesn't seem to know to my Airbnb rules either.  Am I overreacting? 

1 Reply 1
Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Cindy443, you're definitely not overreacting and 3rd party bookings are actually against Airbnb policy. All hosts hate it when people book for a 3rd party because you have accepted the reservation based on the information provided to Airbnb by the person who booked - their ID, their reviews, their confirmed information. It also makes it impossible to communicate directly with the 3rd party guest or review them. How long are these people staying? If you are feeling really uncomfortable about it, you can contact Airbnb and ask them to cancel the booking.

Re the pets: maybe don't have a 'Pets allowed' policy?